Hello

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonspoon

Reaction score
Hey guys. New here. I got a coopers diy beer kit for xmas. Did the aus larger that came with it. Not sure what happened but when it came time to drink was super sweet. Thinking it was just too hot (i live in brisbane) anyway i tryed the canadian blonde next and its worked great. Almost out already lol.

What fermentables did you use and what was the final gravity. I'm not sure how hot it would get to make the yeast pack up. The heat would make a difference to the flavour tho

If it was from a kit/can I would be concerned that it hadn't finished fermenting properly, i.e. sugars not converted to alcohol. If this is the case you will want to watch out for any bottle bombs you may have created.
It could also just be a result of the style of the kit or the sugar you used with it. Hope this helps.

Not till i have room. Also didnt get any bottle bombs ended up dumping it. The 2nd batch (canandian blonde) worked out great.

A bottle bomb can sit dormant for a long time. I've never seen one blow, but back in the early days I'd open the cupboard sometimes to find glass and beer everywhere. I'd hate to witness it unprotected.

I once opened a stubbie of stout in the kitchen of rental unit. Fortunately the glass didn't explode but I could not believe the foam out of the top of the bottle. There was stout at least 3 meters from where I opened the bottle including on the ceiling and I must have spent two hours trying to get it all clean. My partner still noticed evidence when she got home but fortunately the real estate never noticed the slightly discoloured ceiling when we left. It was the only bottle in the batch I had a problem with so I'm guessing I double primed when bottling and I'm now far more careful when priming now.

Happened to me once, a Sierra Nevada bottle the bottom blew out, gushers that I have had was from a particular craft brewery more than once, I have had to just ease the top open a little ways then let it sit for a while.
Never bought them since

Back