Hello! New brewer here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoptimusPrime

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

After receiving a gift certificate for a LHBS, I have purchased a starter kit and have made my first batch of beer. Now I'm hooked :D

I'm based on the north side of Brisbane and I'm keen to start my next batch of beer now that I have done lots of reading. My first brew was just an extract kit from Mangrove Jacks which turned out ok. I have managed to find a chest freezer and purchased a temp controller so I can keep those fermentation temps in check! I am very keen to jump in and look forward to creating many different types of beer.

I am still somewhat of a novice when it comes to all the different types and style of beer, however some of my favourite beers (at this time) are Little Creatures Pale Ale, Franziskaner Dunkel, Becks and Hofbräu Dunkel.

Anyway, I think I'm going to step it up for my second attempt and try create a Little Creatures Original Pale Ale.I found Boonies LCPA recipe and will give that a crack :D See you all in the forums!

Welcome to the forum! Love the name and profile picture! Seems like you've got some of the essentials down pat in terms of temp control and a LCPA is a great start in terms of a recipe to try and clone. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back