Hello from Wollongong :)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wazz

Reaction score
Hey guys.

New to the brewing thing.
Always loved my beer but having a tight budget lately iv'e had to convince my wife that brewing is a more affordable option,
other than buying a box a week at the bottle'o.

So I'm keeping it simple for now with the basic lager kits and might have a play round with some hops soon.

1st brew: Black Rock Mexican Larger 1 week in fermenter then racked to secondary with finings and 3 t/s sugar for another week then bottled at 2 weeks.
Its been bottled for a week and a half now and not really carbing up, only a little "Psst" when you pop the cap, no head or lace.
I'm assuming due to the weather being winter it will need longer to carb.

2nd brew: Morgan's Blue Mountain Lager, only just bottled using the same method.

3rd brew: Coopers Heritage Lager, in fermenter now.

I've been reading some posts on re pitching yeast, Is that something I should look into if I'm racking into a secondary and leaving for an additional 2 weeks then bottling?

I will definitely get into kegging on day when I can convince my wife her wine bottles are taking up to much room in the fridge and we need a drinks fridge. ha ha..

Anyway, look forward to chatting with you guys.
I have already found a load of useful info on this site.

Cheers
Wazza :kooi:

Hi Mate

There is a fairly active forum for the IBU's which will get you added onto. The IBU's are not the traditional meet every month sort of group, but you will see how it rolls quickly enough.

Scotty

Welcome, AHB is a helluva good resource and brewing is lots of fun.

If you're racking any way, pitching onto the yeast cake (or scooping some out and using it immediately) is a viable option. Read up on overpitching, with yeast cakes, though that can be more style specific.

I bottle my trub/yeast cake and use it pretty soon after.

Latest posts

Back