Hello from Sunshine

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome mate!

What kind of brews are you into?

Garf

Hi. I'm a K & K brewer who likes to keep things simple. But that does not stop me from getting into trouble. Hope to learn from people here and to contribute when I can.
Welcome, all willing to help and top brews come from K & K varieties.

Welcome mate!

What kind of brews are you into?

Garf

At the moment I'm into the homebrand Lager kit from the supermarket. Nice and cheap and good quality if handled the right way.

I've also turned my hand to Sour Beers for something different, on a pretty steep learning curve.

I loved pimping out those no name cans back when I started out. Here's a couple of things I tried with that kit:

1. Aftermarket yeast strains like American ale or dry Irish ale
2. Big fat dry hop addition (3g/l) with motueka or Amarillo
3. Two cans instead of 1kg sugar
4. Mini mash with handful of light Munich malt. This can improve fermentability if you're getting any trouble with that.
5. Boil up and whirlpool some hops!
6. Sour culture, you're already onto that. Nice.

So I'm steering you away from "simple" but it's food for thought anyway.

Happy brewing

Hi. I'm a K & K brewer who likes to keep things simple. But that does not stop me from getting into trouble. Hope to learn from people here and to contribute when I can.

Oooh, now I can see you way up there - on the precipitous edge of a very slippery slope... :D

Hi Yapn, people can go a bit overboard here, are you interested in brewing different types of craft style beers or just a good session draught?

I was tempted to write..Look Up.

But no I'm in Sunshine, Melbourne. Home of the Sunshine Harvester and at one time the largest factory in the southern hemisphere. And the Harvester Decision gave Australia the notion of a minimum wage.

Also home of the Australia Post facility that holds onto everyone's parcels for longer than necessary :).

Latest posts

Back