Hello from Newy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash44

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just got back into brewing this year after dabbling during uni (10+ years ago). 5 brews in so far, just kits and extract for the time being, but looking at maybe growing some hops. The home grown hops took a lot of convincing, the conversation went like this:

My mate: "You should grow some hops"
Me: "OK"

Ash

Welcome back to brewing. How have your brews turned out and what styles do you prefer?

Brews have turned out pretty good, well good enough for my tastes at least. Big difference between brews 1 and 2 with the acquisition of a brew fridge and temp controller.
Don't really have a preferred style of beer, good beer is good beer after all. Mainly doing hoppy pale ales at the moment as I'm enjoying testing out different hops.

Probably still doing extract beers to be honest. But with a better understanding of hop and spec grain flavours and how to put them together in a recipe.
That being said I can see myself jumping into all grain on a whim if I come across a well priced second hand urn.

Brews have turned out pretty good, well good enough for my tastes at least. Big difference between brews 1 and 2 with the acquisition of a brew fridge and temp controller.

Temperature control, yeast health and good rigorous sanitisation processes will do more for your beer than just about any other brewing practice. Keep on top of those things, and you'll make excellent kit and extract brews.

JD

Temp control and good sanitation process check. Generally pitching 11.5g of rehydrated yeast plus the kit yeast if I'm using one.

Latest posts

Back