Hello down there....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zensome

Reaction score
Greetings all

I am feeling like I am descending into a very deep hole, I really wish I had started this 30 years ago.

I have been researching since last year and was sort of settled on going the grainfather way until I saw BIAB, messed around with a few kit recipes and got one stonker of a beer that hooked me on brewing so I gathered some gear (50l ss pot, immersion chiller, electric element blah blah blah you know the story). I did my first BIAB (IPA) last weekend and it is happily doing its thing in the fermenting fridge although I don't hold out much hope as I got really shit efficiency and a horrible OG of 040 that should of been closer to 055. Did I like the BIAB process..... nope, so I am now on a mission to build my own grainfather/braumeister clone, it may be a few weeks before I brew again :( but I am looking forward to learning more as I fall with ever increasing speed down the rabbit hole.

I am so grateful that there are so many experienced brewers here willing to share their knowledge, I have already learnt so much and will no doubt be spending countless hours sifting the forums for more pearls of wisdom.

I am 50yrs old, live on Bribie Is and at this point in time would love to give up work and just brew full time. ;) I don't think my wife is as enthusiastic as me about that.

Cheers

Welcome to the mad house!!!

There's plenty of info about here for DIY single vessel systems, if you like tinkering etc you'll have some fun. There are also controllers available through forum members specifically aimed at 1V. So your in the right place! There are no silly questions, we've all asked them and learned from those further down the slippery slope.
Remember that hot side is only half the equation, rip in and your beers will improve as your knowledge grows.

MJ

Latest posts

Back