Hello Aussie Home Brewers!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkoking

Reaction score
My name is Christopher Milne. I am a recent transplant from San Francisco, California. I have been living in Hobart, Tasmania for five years. I started brewing and distilling in the early 1990s. I have been brewing here in Tassie for the past few years, but I have brewing with extracts only. I had to leave so much gear in the U.S. All my great mashing/boiling and fermenting equipment is languishing in a storage unit in California. I have been gradually adding pieces a little at a time, as my budget permits. I am just about ready to get a new mash tun setup and have been looking into building my own vs. buying a ready made setup. I would be happy to have the helpful input from anyone here.

Hi mate. All grain brewer, just moved to glenorchy 6 months ago. There is a community here (hobart and tas at large) and a decent mash friendly brew shop in liverpool street (I'm sure you already know that).

Like to tinker? Build your own. Just want to brew? Buy it. I'm not a tinkerer but financial constraints kept me from purchasing a 4V HERMS. Now I've found I'm really enjoying the design and build process. Except for cutting the tops out of kegs. I am not enjoying that. ;)

Welcome Christopher, I've been in Hobart 4 years now (brewing just over a year). Top spot.

Hello Chris. I'm a yank immigrant in Hobart myself and recently returned to brewing after a 20yr break. There is a homebrew club that meets upstairs at the New Sydney the 3rd Wed of each month at 20:00. Lots of experienced people with info and maybe you could find some second hand stuff too.

Latest posts

Back