Heaven

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

googe

Reaction score
G'day all, i have to say ive found my holy grail!. The missus has been on at me about finding a hobbie. Well here it is, i can brew beer and drink it and chat on here!. She drills me when i buy to much beer but encourges me when i do my brews :blink: . Have i been under a rock the past 38 years or am i just slow :lol: .

haha! I always point out to swmbo how much im saving when compared to buying cartons... but fail to tell her how much it cost to set everything up... gridge, taps, kegs etc... happy brewing.

happy wife, happy life

Yeah but my SWMBO came out to my shed when I was brewing today and started moaning about the electricity costs! She's concerned that I have a kegerator in the house, sometimes a brew fermenting in a fridge in the shed, our house fridge (big who-a) and the house tuckerbox chestie. She says that is too many fridges; I am at a loss to explain. I figure I'll try to keep quiet till 'later in the month'.

Enjoy it while yo can my swmbo brought me my original coopers kit for xmas a couple years back because she thought i needed a new hobbie. Today she rightly takes the crown as the arch nemesis of homebrew lol she nonstop bitches and moans about it, but yeah welcome aboard this very adictive hobby mate...

That's why you guys should have got into brewing at an early age :p

If ever my wife complains about my brewing I just point out it was her that bought me my first homebrew kit for my 18th Birthday.
Thinking back it was probably then that I thought she would make a great wife :lol:

I've gone from kitchen fridge plus one in the brewery to kitchen fridge, big fridge freezer in the brewery, temp controlled fermenting fridge and kegerator (Kegmate type). The thing to remember is that the kitchen fridge chews up power because it is opening and closing constantly. The temp controlled fridge uses SFA power, the big fridge/freezer only gets opened maybe once every two days on average as it's used as a hop store and lagering / yeast fridge. The kegerator likewise fires up now and again but I run it at around 9 degrees for ales so it's a miser as well as being still almost brand new.

Haven't noticed any increase in power bills despite Anna Bligh being in my wallet all the time.

Good work brother. A noble hobby is indeed one which generates beer as a byproduct.

My missus is pretty cool with me brewing all the time. In the beginning she was a bit suspect of the cost with packages arriving to the house almost daily. I reminded her that I could always go back to my old hobbies of motocross, racing downhill mountain bikes and rebuilding cars. She then quickly shuts up about the cost! :p She's quite happy that my brewing hobby keeps me at home during the weekends too, otherwise I'd be away riding all weekend.

Back