Heating elements - voltage control

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how well does it work on the pump

I've got the 10000w model on my 15amp element wired into the 15amp circuit in the spark-o-matic 3000 along with a 15amp ammeter

Seems to work well

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10000W-AC-220V-SCR-Voltage-Regulator-Motor-Speed-Controller-Dimmer-Thermostat-/400800508138?

Cheers

Edit: The heat sink is for a SSR on the HERMS circuit

post-3233-0-92596700-1439857760.jpg

I am about to put together a Temp controller because i am lucky enough to acquire a PID controller from work

with a Pt-100 RTD input (temp probe) and a 4-20ma output.I purchased a SSR off ebay-rated at 40amp output a bit of

overkill i know but it will run cooler and handle load easy,Input is 4-20ma, comes from China in a month.This gives me the opportunity

to reduce any offset around set point.SSR was $20.

The solid state voltage regulators shown have 240V on the potentiometer - so make absolutely sure this is grounded correctly. And don't connect one of these to your PID.

SSRs with digital or proportional voltage control have the 240V isolated from the control side, while resistance control has 240V on both sides.

Latest posts

Back