HEAD!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug2232

Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

having problems with too much head when pouring.

i have 2x 10litre corneys with the same brew in both and get the same results on both kegs. using a tap gun and 4.5kg gas bottle.

its always poured perfect beer until today! getting a lot of head and cant work out what the hell is going on.

when pouring seems to be a lot of head sitting in the beer line near the gun (pic below). lots of head at the start of the pour then it evens out but by then the glass is half full of head. i have done nothing different to set up for the past year but this is really pissing me off as i cant work it out. co2 pressure is fine and still getting half a glass of head!!!

dont know if its this beer or what but its just a sierra pale ale clone...

20150418_142140.jpg

What pressure is it set to and for how long? Sounds over carbed to me.

The beer may be trying to avoid contact with the Tooheys New cans in the fridge door. Try rerouting your beer lines. <_<

40 psi for about 24 hours for carbing...

whats the best method to fix overcarb? never had to deal with this issue before luckily

you were right fellas. overcarbed. all fixed now. one thing i didnt think off. must just be these beer as ive done nothing different to usual...

thanks again champions..... you're all legends!!

Too much head when pouring a beer . .. Mrs doug2232 must be a keeper

Latest posts

Back