Have I Stuffed Up?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoyt

Reaction score
Watching the cricket yesterday while putting down a morgans blue mountain larger (after having a couple) i put in a kilo of ultrablend #4 got distracted, came back and put about another three quarters of a kilo before i realized!!!!. The starting gravity was 1054. Whats the chances of it turning out drinkable? Its fermenting at approx 17 to 18 deg

Only problem is it will put your ass horizontal if not careful when drinking it.

Without doing numbers... about 7~8 %.....

:party:

PS: Don;t bottle to early, make sure you have a stable FG for 3 days, and KEEP at 18 :) Might take up to 3 weeks....

Let us know how it turns out!

not sure of the dex/malt mix of ultrablend#4, but who cares. It'll still be fairly drinkable. It will just have a higher alc % and be a bit more malty.

Hoyt

There will be no problem with this beer other than it will be higher in alc%

Otherwise it should taste more or less the same

1054 is not that high and as suggested make sure its fully fermented before botting

good luck
Kleiny

In my kits days I occasionally used a 'brew enhancer' and then thought, what the hell let's chuck in 750 dex as well and get good and Pi$$ed. Works every time :icon_cheers: wouldn't win any competitions but good drinking beer.

Thanks for the replies it will be interesting to see how it turns out

I've just made a toucan lager/blonde and threw in 1KG of dex (I was bored and wanted to get rid of it) it's 8.9%, so might be similar. One glass does not beg another. One glass and you'll be looking for a kebab shop and then be ready for a kip.

:)

I've just made a toucan lager/blonde and threw in 1KG of dex (I was bored and wanted to get rid of it) it's 8.9%, so might be similar. One glass does not beg another. One glass and you'll be looking for a kebab shop and then be ready for a kip.

:)

Kebab :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

IMHO this brew will be completely undrinkable, best to bottle it after 2 weeks, mature it for about 6 weeks then after that PM me and i will send you an address that you can send the lot by courier and i will ensure that the lot is disposed in the correct manner.

PS i will be un-contactable during that period!

;)

Latest posts

Back