Has the forum jumped the shark?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GuyQLD said:
How many times can you talk about fecking gladwrap vs an airlock?

Reality is that brewing has been around 10,000 years. Going to run out of conversation material at some point. Usually at that point either the Off Topic get's a floggin or people leave.

Personally I'm all for diversifying, and the off topic, music, food threads are all good for that sort of thing. Bring a bit o' the old community feel to things.
This about sums it up I reckon. I've seen people calling the forum dead since I joined up waaaaaayyyyyyy back in aught seven.

Simple fact is that there'll always be a revolving door of folks after the basic tips and techniques asking the same questions over and over (nothing wrong with that......) and they'll then split off into groups of varying seriousness. I generally only peruse the off topic stuff for teh lols and whats in the glass for the odd "that sounds like a good combo" moment.

There is a finite amount of innovation that can spark a lot of conversation in this hobby, and for the most part I'm happy with my setup so even if something does re-invent the wheel, I can't be fucked re-shaping mine.

A working recipe DB would likely increase traffic. Usually end up having to hunt elsewhere for recipe ideas/feedback.

I said it before and i will say it again, Thanks to everyone for their contributions to these forums. I have built a system that suits my requirements, learnt to make more than just beer, great beer imo. So I dont come here that often anymore.

Also I tire of those anti-airlockers.

Coodgee said:
ah you're just a youngen' then :D
A wee pup in the grand scheme of things........Always willing to steal a recipe idea from here and call it my own though.

I thought the airlock reference in this thread was taking the piss tho

ps
@Eagleburger - re avatar ... kudos to homer and all but I miss the Navaho chic man, she used to make my day

Eagleburger

eagle.jpg

You guys need to unwind just a bit. RAHAHB

12088059_554367618050409_6693127105440026307_n.jpg

wide eyed and legless said:
A lot of subject matter has gone, it went with Tony.
God damn I almost agree with you WEAL... I feel a bit dirty... He is still lurking occasionally but his recipes live on and they are all worth a go. Check the DB.

Bribie G said:
Recently I've noticed that when I log on, there are often only about 8 registered members online even at busy times of the day such as mid evening. What happened to 15 or 30 members?
Right now there are actually more registered members sitting on BIABrewer than on AHB.

Hmmmm....

Often wondered about why those names where all there...I didnt really notice...and I didnt really care

Guess I am not one for reading the fine print

Bridges said:
God damn I almost agree with you WEAL... I feel a bit dirty... He is still lurking occasionally but his recipes live on and they are all worth a go. Check the DB.
I was talking about Abbot, there was more written about him on here than beer. :)

Bridges said:
Have to say I was disappointed when Tony put that photo of himself up after giving himself a black eye, was really hoping he was an actual cave man

Yes.

I'm a member of the perth facebook group keifer mentioned. There's like 5 barrel projects and and 5 case swaps at any one time.

An ipa case swap was announced tonight. 24 spots filled in one hour.

I wouldn't be brewing without AHB, but I come on here once every few months now. It's just the way the forum went. You can say that there's a limited amount of information and that's true, but the activity level of perth home brew share suggests there's something else that had lead to the reduction of activity of this site.

Back