Has Lcpa Changed?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
necro 1.jpg

TheWiggman said:
I'm not sure if God would even be able to tell the difference
God might not be able to, but I reckon Bribie could...

droid said:
well it is an observation, make of it what you will, i'm interested if there is a trend based on consumers palates tolerating higher ibu as some have elucidated to in posts about lcpa over the yearshowever changing hops doesn't mean the ibu bounces around as a result - they could hit whatever number they want
I wonder if they tweak the recipe a bit to try to keep the flavour due to hop supply ,having said that it doesn't to me seem to be the same as it was,but I'm not a beer judges arsehole and still drink it.

I wonder if they tweak the recipe a bit to try to keep the flavour due to hop supply ,having said that it doesn't to me seem to be the same as it was,but I'm not a beer judges arsehole and still drink it.
Just bought my first case in a while as it's 60 not 70 bucks and it tastes very watered down to what I remember :(

Is this general knowledge?

It went from being a craft brewery (albeit a fairly big one) to a very small part of a global brewing megalopolis, so what do you think the odds of the accountants getting to it are?
Mark

Yep just seems very watered down, I'm not surprised just hadn't encountered it recently. Like others I liked the dogs days beer they brought out just hadn't bought a slab of little creatures as it's always 70 bucks.

Was drinking jugs of rogers on origin night the other week and it's definitely changed too. I've always thought of it as a great mid strength that tastes like a full strength. But now it tastes like a mid strength (watered down). damn megaswill shareholders

Shops near me don't have a wide variety (thank goodness for home stuff and an ibc subscription) so LC pale and mountain goat are regulars for me. My expectations aren't insurmountable - I just want a tasty, refreshing beer and they both work well.

Some of you may not remember when regular choice was between carlton draught and Melbourne bitter or...... (insert state equivalent) but we are spoiled comparatively for choice now. Personally wish we were spoiled with more great euro ale rather than 8 million apa/ipa variants but spoiled we are nonetheless (and lc and mg are apa variants for sure).

If all else fails, you can usually find a Coopers, that for me does the job more often than not.
Mark

Mostly the stout gets a reasonable run here.

Did an almost straight run of work from may through mid june so kegs here are empty (filling my first today, thankfully).

Just bought my first case in a while as it's 60 not 70 bucks and it tastes very watered down to what I remember :(

Is this general knowledge?

Yes, it is. I bought a carton a while back as it was on special for less than $60, and it tasted like it. It wasn't "bad", just very meh. It was a far cry from what I used to get in 2007. I tend to get 4 Pines Pale as a general fridge beer these days.

If all else fails, you can usually find a Coopers, that for me does the job more often than not.
Mark

Yes, Cooper's Pale is my solid go-to when I find myself in places where it's the best on tap

Yes, it is. I bought a carton a while back as it was on special for less than $60, and it tasted like it. It wasn't "bad", just very meh. It was a far cry from what I used to get in 2007. I tend to get 4 Pines Pale as a general fridge beer these days.

Yes, Cooper's Pale is my solid go-to when I find myself in places where it's the best on tap
100% last beer I am comparing it to was 4 pines American amber that I got for 65 and the 4 pines was like a different league LCPA as I said seemed like Furphy at its price if this is the product now it will drop off markedly at this rate.

+1 to LC pale ale now tasting watered down....been like that for a while based on my hazy memory. I assume this is due to cost efficiency gains from the big dog Lion Nathan?
+1 to 4 pines pale being a great beer

Latest posts

Back