Happy Fathers Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FNQ Bunyip

Non Pro Member
Reaction score
Good morning all, Its our day ..
My darling daughter just got up and presented me with
farthersday.jpg

I bet swmbo will get sick of the sound of that bell real soon :)

Cheers guys have a great day.

:chug: :beer: :party:

Nice one FNQ.
I got Wille Simpsons Beer Bible, chocolate and a Polo Shirt.
Off now to put the beer can chicken on :p

Doc

Mine are all still in bed, they have only been home for several hours. Did noticed the Go Lo Father's Day junk mail on the kitchen bench several days ago so I have great expectations. :D

Just got given some English imports by the family

4 x St Peters Golden Ale
4 x St Peters Original Porter
4 x Thomas Hardy's Ale (@11.9%)

I am so looking forward to the next few nights :p

Trev

Good morning all, Its our day ..
My darling daughter just got up and presented me with
farthersday.jpg

I bet swmbo will get sick of the sound of that bell real soon :)

Cheers guys have a great day.

Nice backdrop there FNQ Bunyip. As the picture was loading up, I was thinking "What the hell did they get him?" :lol:

I'm bunking at my Godparent's place until I move into my new house next week, and my godfather/uncle's mates all come round for tennis every sunday morning, so to celebrate, I made them all drink my latest brew. I thought it was a pretty sneaky way to get some decent feedback, they thought I was just being generous.

Electric nose-hair clippers for my first Fathers Day - they're fantastic, no need for the unsightly and unpopular weekly 'harvest' now!.

I got a 3/8" ratchet handle, some extensions and a set of imperial allen keys.

Everything I've broken over the last month or so...perfect :super:

PZ.

A leave pass to Ross's on Sunday, Father's Day postponed until Tuesday.

My kind of family :)

Heh, heh..

I got a sleep in (woohoo!), an apron, a new oven mitt and a new Chasseur dutch oven. Yep, Fathers Day... :blink:

All good though, as I've been wanting a decent casserole dish for ages (I do 90% of the cooking in the Zoom household).

Then lunch at a pub, V8's on TV this arvo, a wee nap and then afternoon tea at my Father-in-Law's house. I bought him a Dremel and now have his eternal respect! :beer:

Now relaxing with a decent HB Pilsner... yummy.

Happy Fathers day all - especially you first-timers! :party:

Cheers - Mike

Nothing real beer related but one of my prezzys is a great book on how to make a wood fired pizza oven.Now when i make it i know it will go well with the pizza and beers.

Cheers
Big D

Got a leatherman, bound o come in handy for any number of things including modifying the brewery.

Nothing Beer Related. My Girls both reckon I spend enough time and money on my beer.

I got a Bluetooth Ear Piece for my mobile as they also reckon I nearly crash every time I try to untangle my wired headset to answer the phone while Im driving. :)

Also got lunch at a restaurant where they only had a single beer worth drinking (IMHO) a Coopers Sparkling Ale.

BTW Whats with this namby pamby bit where the barman insists on rolling the bottle to mix the yeats in. I had to laugh. I left the last 1/2 cm of dregs in the stubby and was about 2/3 of theway down the glass when the young waiter came passed and before I could stop him, emptied the dregs into the glass and walked off. :D

I know it doesnt make a lot of difference, but personally I prefer less yeast in my beer when I drink it.

ATOMT

Yeah congrats guys! My wife is 8 & 1/2 months... I'll have to wait until next year.

ATOMT : I don't know about the yeasties but one of my mates has started drinking Coopers pale and turns the bottles upside down a couple of times before handing it over. I don't really mind if he doesn't mind my yeast activated farting machine

Nice pressies all..
I got a esky combo.. 44litre/6 pack cooler/ 2.5l drink container... Very nice.
Now just need to make a portable keg to go in it ;)

Beer

1 x Daleside Old Leg Over
1 x Orval
1 x Duvel
1 x Schneider & Sons Aventinus Doppelbock
1 x Weihenstephaner HefeWeissbier Dunkel
1 x Trappistes Rochfort 10

Yes,! love fathers day presents.

Good luck with the Piza Oven Big D, is it the Russel Jeavons Book? Have an outdoor oven here but plan to build a direct fired brick oven soon, last used one when I was 17 in an old country bakery.

MVZOOM, likewise here do 90% of the cooking. Should AHB include a forum especially for recipes for "Food To Enjoy With Beer" or even a "This goes with That" of beer and food.

Hi Screwtop
Yep its the Russel Jeavons book which appears like a good read with some recipes thrown in.

Cheers
Big D

MY young fella manages to buy me

Sheaf Stout
Monteiths Black Ale
Nastro Azzuro Pils
Steinlager
Newcastle Brown

And Willie Simpsons Beer Bible

The missus also drove me to the oyster farm to buy fresh oysters.....and she let me take my beer glass and full long neck for the 1hr return trip....being driven around drinking home brew out of your favorite beer glass in the car whilst getting oysters is one of the great pleasures of life :rolleyes:

I got a Schofferhofer Kristallweizen, a Weihenstephaner Hefeweissen Dunkel, a Little Creatures Bright and best of all a Verboden Vrucht. :chug:

Anybody cultured the Forbidden Fruit yeast or is it a bottling strain? Cool label anyway. :super:

Edited for PUI reasons. :eek:

Back