Hand Held Immersion Heaters / Elements

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I slide an old chrome towel rod across the keggle and hook the immersion element to that with no probs...

Cheers,
TL

I was thinking of doing the same with the one im about to buy.

Does the steam affect the the electrical connection at the top of the element?

necro

so after much reading and wandering out the back to have a look at the setup I think Ive decided to go down this road..

one of the above mentioned immersion elements for the HLT which will be one of these rubberised ones which should cut back a few hassles like insulating it.

1.JPG

I like the idea of having it on a timer/temp control from early morning and have got a STC1000 box already wired for it. Ive got the 3 ring burner/med reg for the SS Keggle.. (maybe + the element to get to boil quicker)

question is how big to make the opening in the top?
just big enough to get in to clean?
It's just the HLT right?
I had good success cutting a SS one to fit a 20lt pot lid (almost perfect by eye :) ) ... I do know it's someones birthday coming up and I might be able to stretch the love to get a dremmel tool thingy and the element ... mebee.. :ph34r:

then all I have to do is remove enough rubber low down to cut a hole and fit a weldless fitting... I assume you have to take the element out quickly and into a bucket or something when volumes get down in the HLT?

question is how big to make the opening in the top?
just big enough to get in to clean?
It's just the HLT right?

Yup! My HLT has a relatively small lid opening at the top. It rarely needs a clean as its only heating water.

I assume you have to take the element out quickly and into a bucket or something when volumes get down in the HLT?

I just flick the HLT power off towards the end of the sparge.

The immersion elements cool quite quickly when removed from hot liquid.

I bought mine directly from Tobins and they mailed it out pretty quickly

+1 to this, AND he quoted me trade price as well... great deal

Yup! My HLT has a relatively small lid opening at the top. It rarely needs a clean as its only heating water.
I just flick the HLT power off towards the end of the sparge.
:icon_cheers:
now.. where did I put that rubberised keg and the cheapo dremel kit :D

Yob

Back