2400w Immersion Heater

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel80

Reaction score
Hi Perthies,

does anyone know where I can get a 2400W immersion (over the side type) water heater in Perth, that is suitable for boiling wort?
Also must have the plug already wired up. Plug and Play version.

I have seen there are some available over east from Grimwoods etc and there is an ebay option that looks strikingly similar to the Grimwood one.

I would like to be able to drive out an collect one on Saturday, somewhere in Perth.

Cheers,
D80

I got mine from JG Thomas in Bayswater. They don't seem to be open on Saturday though.

www.jgthomas.com.au

Think it was about $110-120

Mate I'm really looking to get one of these myself but I don't know how a single 2400w element would go heating 40 odd liters of water. The problem I have is I do my brewing on my stove with all 4 elements cranked. It does a bloody great job but when I've reached my strike temp, I have to get something to give me a hand taking the pot off the stove because even with the elements turned off, they take a while to cool down which is just going to keep bumping the mash temperature up. With one of these immersion heaters, I can just take it straight out problem solved!

To increase temp of 40L water by 60c with a 2.4kW element it would roughly take 70 mins.

I got mine from JG Thomas in Bayswater. They don't seem to be open on Saturday though.

www.jgthomas.com.au

Think it was about $110-120

Thanks Keifer,

fired them off an email.

Hmm 70 mins for 40L sounds a while, may have to look at getting a timer setup to start the heater prior to when i need it.

Cheers,
D80

I get about 30 ish litres from tap to mash temp in about 20-30mins and from mash to boil in about 30 mins. My pot is very well insulated and has a thick base so this would assist. Mine doesn't struggle but have yet to push it past 35lt.

Back