Guide To Keg Forced Carbonation.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i ended up doing 1 24hr at 30psi then an additional 12hr at 30psi. Then back to set and forget pressure. Seems to be pretty close to done now. However, i am serving around 6C though, so i assume i needed more pressure than someone doing it at 2C or similar.

I normally do 280kpa for 26 hrs @ 1.5 degrees( after I've purged the keg a couple of times) but I often forget to turn the gas off and over carb them, I'm hoping I can get better control of carbing.

Honestly, in an ideal world, we’d all have a decent enough brewing pipeline, enough kegs in cold storage and just set and forget everything. Totally understand why people opt to have huge keezers that fit 10 kegs or a second fridge for carbing/lagering.

I’d always suggest to err on the conservative side with quick carbing and give yourself an extra day. I’ve been bitten a couple of times being to eager, much more of a pain trying to correct an overcarbed beer.

I quick carb slightly under and 24hrs later it’s usually perfect when left at serve pressure.

I’d always suggest to err on the conservative side with quick carbing and give yourself an extra day. I’ve been bitten a couple of times being to eager, much more of a pain trying to correct an overcarbed beer.

Yeah, I have to wonder, under what circumstances do you really need those kegs at perfect carbonation in < 1-2 hrs.

Who schedules a house party for the same day as kegging day?

Yeah, I have to wonder, under what circumstances do you really need those kegs at perfect carbonation in < 1-2 hrs.

Who schedules a house party for the same day as kegging day?
That’s it. I tried and organise my keg setup much like a brew day. Plan in advance!

Though, it only takes one alcho mate to roll round unannounced and that’s up the proverbial....

I’m always one or two kegs behind where I’d like to be! ;)

Well I tried it out, took me 2 go's, 300kpa and rocked for 1 min 20 seconds each time. I kept to the method at the start of the post and then winged it for the 50L.

I did the IPA on the left it's a bit cloudy as it should be after first kegging.

This is my preferred method of carbing now, quick, easy and no more over carbing.

[emoji482][emoji482]
1565163491767.jpg

Back