Grunpys Masterbrews Vs Esb 3kg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crow

Reaction score
Hi Fella's,

Can anyone give me a critique or comparison of the Grumpy masterbrews Vs the ESB 3kg kits ?

I 've heard the Grumpy users think that product is very good, whilst ESBers also seem to give those kits a good wrap. Would be interested to hear from someone who has used both brands. What differences can I expect between the two.

Cheers & Thanks,
Crow

Ooopps - That should have read Grumpys Masterbrew...

Apologies to all Grumpys fans.

I have tried both, and both are good. The ESB 3kg kits are a big tin of goop, I tried a couple when I was doing kits, one was tasty and the other got an infection, the only one I've had go bad so far. :angry:

The Grumpy's stuff is dry extract with some grain and hops. You boil that up for 10 minutes. Not quite as easy, but you do get more grain and hop flavour.

I also liked the Country Brewer Wet Paks. These are a bit like the Grumpy's MBs but with a 60 minute boil. I thought their APA was pretty tasty when I made it.

Better than any of these though is the ESB Fresh Wort. All AG made up for you and so easy. Just tip in the fermenter and add some water.

All of these are good. Use a liquid yeast to make them tastier. Be careful of your fermentation temperature, etc, etc.

All pretty good.Give them all a go. :chug:

Oh, and have a look athbkitreviews link for lots more opinions.

Latest posts

Back