Grumpys On 17th September

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got of the phone from deebee. He will be at Grumpy's at 6pm this evening.
Pretty sure Aaron, Kai and jayse are lobbing as well.

C&B
TDA

Have a good night all who make it to Grumpys. I am now too delicate, after the footy, to make it.

The good news, however, is that seeing as I won't be travelling to Melbourne next weekend now, I can brew instead :)

Good things do come out of bad.

:angry: Too bad,too sad for me its too late to set out now....

Oh well another time ...... <_<

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Just got of the phone from deebee. He will be at Grumpy's at 6pm this evening.
Pretty sure Aaron, Kai and jayse are lobbing as well.

C&B
TDA
[post="77784"][/post]​

Yep, that was about all the turnout ended up being. We stayed at Grumpy's till they kicked us out, then went down to the German Arms for another beer. Well, they had another beer, I was on water, coffee & coke for most of the night, was feeling more than a little delicate after last night.

Right now I think deebee and jayse are having a cleansing ale in their cabin, has definitely been good meeting deebee, there were some great stories tonight.

Just raised my head out of the haze of last night.

Was a good night. GT came down for a couple too and we even got to have a tasting of DeeBee's Octoberfest, which was a good beer.

The night could of got really messy but nobody would lend Jayse a pluto gun so all the beer was sruck in his kegs.

deebee_at_grumpy_s_c.JPG

Here's proof.

tdh

p.s. Kai, have you got pix of Friday night at the German Club and Belgian Beer Cafe?

Yeah, I do have a few snaps from friday night. They're fairly low quality thanks to being from my phone's camera, but I'll get then online later today.

Or if you want to see a few of these fellas in real life they are leaning on the bar as I type!

:beer:

tdh

Okay, I've put some pictures online. There's only a few and they're pretty crap, I'd like to blame the camera phone for that but ultimately I think it was because the photographer was in no fit state to be photographing anything.

http://bb.mafmods.com/deebee/deebee.html

Looks like you boys had heaps of fun...

Why is Adelaide so far away... :(

and Jayse kept drinking until 6:15pm on Sunday.
Good work mate!

and deebee spent the day napping under an old gumtree on Mount George :p

tdh

p.s. Adelaide isn't far away, only 25 km down the bullock track!

:lol:

I remember he said he wanted to get some walking done. I guess to the tree was far enough.

Sitting in Adelaide airport ytypingon shit keyboard, but first computer I've been near in nearly a week. Great to read all these posts. I was humbled and h0onoured by the reception you guys put on. Friday night was a hellish blur and I am stunned at the money I went through at the Belgian Bar but what a delicious way to spend a quid. Thanks to Kai for the pictures to prove it wasn't justn a dream.

Then Grumpys what a place!! Thomas and Chris and Brad were the perfect hosts and more. The food on Saturday night was fine the beer was beautiful. Fond memories of the Biggles and the Smoked Porter especially. jThen on Sunday morning Jayse and I just stopped ijn for the atmosphere weren't even going to have a beer. Just a coffee and a tour of the brewery for me thanks. Just enough room maybe for one schooner of the porter and all of a sudden found my legs again and off we went. I think the Biggles tastes even better in the morning!! Had to get on a bus just to tear me and my liver away from that garden of eden in the Adelaide Hills. My genuine and sincere thanks to all at Grumpys.

Thanks to everyone else too, but especially to TDA Mark for waiting at a rainy tramstop to take me to the German Club and to Jayse for going hard both nights, sitting up late with a couple of Pale Ales to discuss the meaning of life and music and then smoothing it out the next morning with a couple of cleansing ales.

Thanks to the Adelaide chapter of the AHB. What a great community ypou have. A truly memorable visit.

What a lovely weekend indeed!
Iam finally recovered and ready to go again although iam sure my bank account doesn't agree.
Was awesome meeting deebee and catching up for more beers than can possibly be counted.
Pork knuckle was great friday as was the weltenburger beers. By the time everyone was leaving the BBC I was well and truelly done and as usuall the last to leave.
The smoked porter and the biggles at grumpies were both sensational as was the hospitality and food as always. Not having had enough saturday nite I went and drank as much grumpies beer sunday as i could possible fit in. All in all a great weekend of beer.

Out on the tiles :chug:
Jayse

good to see you back on board jayse.hope its a bit more regular this time round.
cya in november :chug:

cheers
big d

Back