"growlers" At The Taphouse!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a Stone Brewing 2 litre growler - that I fill from my keg system and bring to parties

Gets the punters excited

240f7d2ae855cd6b16ddfc591d30e99f.jpg

Meh when I was a whippersnapper in the UK you could go to the pub with a purpose made plastic 5 pint container - forerunner of the modern polypins - and get it filled with Newcastle Exhibition etc. Mind you, those growlers look like a good bet for drinking straight out of them. Cuts out the extra washing up of glasses.

Meh when I was a whippersnapper in the UK you could go to the pub with a purpose made plastic 5 pint container - forerunner of the modern polypins - and get it filled with Newcastle Exhibition etc. Mind you, those growlers look like a good bet for drinking straight out of them. Cuts out the extra washing up of glasses.

Still can in some places Bribie.
When I was there last I got Harvey's Sussex Best, from a newsagent type place in this little village, in what can only really be described as a milk carton, kind of heavy duty cardboard like a stronger version of a noodle box :)
I also got takeaways from a brewery called Kings Head in a 2L plastic milk bottle. Same village.

Sure they don't keep, but they didn't last the evening anyway!

That'd be great. A growler of IIPA please. :icon_drunk:

I have a good selection of growlers I've sourced when in the states.
Wonder if they will be filling any growler or if they'll do like the US, and only fill their own branded growlers (hence why I have a good selection of US ones) ?
Would have loved it a few weeks back, to take away a growler of Murray's Shawns Fault :p

Doc

I have a good selection of growlers I've sourced when in the states.
Wonder if they will be filling any growler or if they'll do like the US, and only fill their own branded growlers (hence why I have a good selection of US ones) ?
Would have loved it a few weeks back, to take away a growler of Murray's Shawns Fault :p

Doc

Not sure what states you were in, but due to the myraid of state laws due to the prohibition repeal of 1933, some state laws and licensing requirements say the beer must leave the pub in a 'properly labeled' container. Hense, the only filling their own branded growlers.

I have a feeling it will only be their own bottles that you can fill, and I have an even bigger feeling that they won't be cheap... Lets hope I am wrong about that!

Great concept though...

Latest posts

Back