Growing Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen it and I'd rather a 20l BM with the small malt pipe, make 2 mini kegs at a time.

Edit; I haven't seen the Pico in person just read about them.

I just figure it's a coffee pod machine for people who want to say they brew their own beer. Whereas I spent 30 minutes today chewing my neighbours ear off because he asked what was on my taps as pleasant small talk.

flave_7 said:
I just figure it's a coffee pod machine for people who want to say they brew their own beer. Whereas I spent 30 minutes today chewing my neighbours ear off because he asked what was on my taps as pleasant small talk.
And that there is why we don't watch grass grow and paint dry. I like the brewing process to much to even think twice about robot brewing.

Hey guys I've just found this thread, I'm up in ocean reef so nice and close to you all too.

Relatively new to brewing, I've brewed a few extract beers and kit and kilo but in the next month or so I'm going to be getting a Grainfather and getting into allgrain.

Just thought I'd say hi as you guys are fairly close to me.

Hi alimac, yeah we have a few up this way we should start a northern suburbs brewing club, or maybe a northern arm of the Westcoast brewers. I've thought about joining them plenty of times but I'm always away for half the meetings every year.

Hi Wort!

A northern suburbs arm sounds good to me, do you any the NOR guys ever do brew days together?

Sounds good to me. I've just put a lemon pale ale in a keg so will be ready around the end of May if anyone wants to come sample it [emoji12][emoji12]

Looking forward to getting my Grainfather so I can start getting into it properly

Hey guys, quick question for you all, does anyone know the PH of the water up our way (ocean reef)?

Thanks Wort! Definitely going to have to do some mash water adjustment to get that in the 5.2-5.6 range!

The Grainfather is on its way, due to be delivered next Wednesday, it come with a free kit, the black jack dry stout kit, has anyone tried this kit?

Hey guys is there anywhere in Perth to get some good quality grain from? I haven't got a mill at present so somewhere that would mill it for me too would be good.

I have a mill so if you need to mill anything just give me a yell. I'm not home every weekend tho so does make it a little hard. You can get grain from brewmart and they'll mill it for you. Or the brew shop in greenwood just started stocking grain give them a call to see if they will mill it for you. Maybe get some rice hulls if someone else is doing your milling. Good luck with the grainfather I'd love one of those.

Thanks Wort that's very kind, I'll get a mill eventually, any recommendations for a decent one?

I'll give the greenwood guys a shout as they are close, looking at the sacks of grain and they look to be a lot cheaper, we'll have to see if we can get a few of us NOR and maybe split a couple of sacks?

Yeah I have a heap in the cupboard, o keep them fresh and bug free I use the large vacuum bags that your supposed put your doonas in over the winter to save space.

I actually have 2 mills currently (don't tell the wife) both are mash master, one has the old 2 inch rollers and the new one had the smaller fluted rollers. Haven't had a chance to use the fluted yet.

Ah nice that sounds like a great idea, I've got a vacuum sealer with loads of rolls so I could vac them back up for storage, just contacted brewcraft and they said they can supply grain that's ready milled, I asked them to send over a price list.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for a mash master, do they work fairly well?

Ali, I just lost a whole bag of grain to weavils. I need a replacement. I have a mill and I am in Greenwood.

I can get the bag or bags and can mill you up some for a batch you can store or use. Where are you based?

I was helped get started in All grain by another member who milled me some grain so happy to pay it forward.
Send me a message if you like.

Cheers,
D80

Hey Diesel, I'm up in ocean reef so super close, thanks very much that's awesome!

I'll brew the grainkids kit that's coming with the Grainfather but I've got a load of centennial and Amarillo hops, any suggestions for a nice ale using those two?

I just did an English Ale base, with Amarillo bittering, EKG in the Cube / No chill and then hit it with some West Coast Ale yeast. Was a pretty good drop for a mixture of beer styles!
I have the basics of the recipe I can provide you.

Not tried any centennial yet, but I bought a bag to branch out. Might try in a heavy winter beer. Winter IPA or something hearty!

Cheers,
D80

Latest posts

Back