growing hops in QLD

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seehuusen said:
I learn something new all the time :) A couple of questions if you don't mind mate :)

Sorry for the perhaps silly question, but when in the year is that? summer is generally the wet time, and I expected them to be growing then?

My fridge drops the humidity to nearly nothing, wouldn't this dry out the news paper, or do you keep moisture up on the news paper?

Cheers
Martin
They will die back after flowering, you then cut them back to the ground and mulch them. Mine rotted with the wet, but hey you have a go perhaps it was my soil. I do you of one other brewer in the area that experienced this as well

I you wrap them in damp newspaper, you will need to then wrap it in cling wrap or similar to stop it drying out.

Batz

I don't grow them anymore BTW, it was an interesting experiment for a couple of years but I'm over it now. :p

Batz

Thanks Batz, I'm only growing them as a hobby/fun project, and will probably use each variety in smash style beers :)

Cheers
Martin

Ps also, thanks for confirming that its a winter grower with early spring being harvest time

seehuusen said:
Thanks Batz, I'm only growing them as a hobby/fun project, and will probably use each variety in smash style beers :)

Cheers
Martin

Ps also, thanks for confirming that its a winter grower with early spring being harvest time

I have some POR rhizomes your welcome to if you want them.
Batz

Thanks Batz, I'd be very interested in giving them a go, will pm some details and organize a pickup :)

Back