Group Buy - Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex.Tas

Beer Goat
Reaction score
Hey Everyone

I sent out earlier today to our mailing list, and posted a link on our facebook group to our latest club buy.
We are looking to buy some hop rhizomes from Hopco.

At this stage the actual varieties aren't set in stone. We are awaiting confirmation on what they have available for us locally in Tassie.
I've created a google doc spreadsheet for people to add their name to a list for indicated available varieties.
They definitely have Hallertau, Saaz and Tettnang.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jYkzTcVbSga_hwdnYcqMq9TT9bItLevlXw0XPaBgMc4/edit?usp=sharing

We don't know how many rhizomes will be available for each variety either yet, so drop your name down on the list, as its first come first served.

I live pretty close to Hopco, so i can collect all the rhizomes, and distribute out at the next club meeting if that works for people.

Cost will be approximately $15 per rhizome, if we get a big order, the price may drop a little.

Cheers

Hi Alex ,
not a Hobart brewers member but as soon as we move into our house I would love to grow some hops . Just no space in our rental.
I really hope that your crop grows well this year and that their are others contacting you for rhizomes. I would love some.
next year .

I hope I can get to one of the club meetings soon.

Hi Artic78,
I reckon we will organise something similar next year. We also have a fair bank of growers within the club, so you might be able to hit one of them up for a cutting.
I've managed good results after a couple of years, just by growing in pots, so it isn't impossible!

Ok great . I have been looking on here a lot at what people are doing and it seems you can grow them with out to much space required.
Will see how things go for next year.

Are you going in the home brew comp at shambles???

Hey Guys,

New to Hobart and Keen to plant a hop garden. Anyone able to help me out?

Particularly keen to work on a house "Tassie Ale" using home grown hops + NFH Ale Malt as base + home made specialty grains using the NFH Ale Malt.

Cheers
James

Latest posts

Back