Group buy at Plasdene (Preston, VIC) - bottles, fermenters, cubes etc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jazzad1: 400
carniebrew: 200
Tex083: 100
Mardoo: 400
Prince Imperial: 100
Idzy: 300
Woostyle: 100
Franks: 200
Total: 1,800

Done

AND just to complicate things, Plasdene just got back to me to say they DO NOT supply cartons for these bottles. F.A.R.K.

On the bright side, delivery of the pallet to Richmond is free. Thoughts??

I'm working on some alternatives with them, and I've also contacted the manufacturer of these bottles (O-I) to see if they can help. At the very least we should be able to get box dimensions, then find someone who can provide us the 100 odd boxes we'd need.

Hmm I hope I didn't miss out on this again. Is there a spare 100 going? If so I'd love to get my hands on them. Even less if that's all that is available. I was waiting for the start of a new thread :unsure:

I can probably come up with however many wine boxes we would need. Why, the warehouse I work in is a wine warehouse :) They would be used, but they would be free and would suffice.

jazzad1: 400
carniebrew: 200
Tex083: 100
Mardoo: 400
Prince Imperial: 100
Idzy: 200
Woostyle: 100
Franks: 200
Maldridge: 100

Total: 1,800 Done

1800/12 = 150 boxes

We recycle at least 30 a day and usually upwards of 50. It wouldn't be a problem to get that many, with dividers. We'd just have to tape them back together on the day of as I'd have to break them down for storage.

Excellent news Mardoo. I assume they're meant for 750ml bottles, so will obviously hold our 500ml no probs from a height perspective. If you can get 150 or so of these boxes put aside, we're back on....

I'm still talking with the manufacturer too see if they can help too....bear with me.

does anyone have any rough dimensions of the bottles we are supposed to be getting? I've seen the photo, but it is hard to gauge

maldridge said:
Hmm I hope I didn't miss out on this again. Is there a spare 100 going? If so I'd love to get my hands on them. Even less if that's all that is available. I was waiting for the start of a new thread :unsure:
By the way, if you didn't notice you are in now :)

I'll just mention that I'm now off work until Jan. 2 and I'll need about a couple weeks to save the boxes \before we have the pickup day. We can likely fit 16 per box if not 20 as I have often done with 500ml bottles I've scadged from work. Saves space. However it shouldn't be any problem to get as many as we need given a couple weeks.

That works for me, Plasdene's probably closing for a couple of weeks too, so lets look to do this mid-late Jan.

jazzad1 said:
does anyone have any rough dimensions of the bottles we are supposed to be getting? I've seen the photo, but it is hard to gauge
I asked Plasdene for bottle dimensions but they haven't responded.

Back