Group buy at Plasdene (Preston, VIC) - bottles, fermenters, cubes etc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think earliest pick up is mid Jan anyways, I say we start a new thread and get some expressions of interest.

OK, this sounds like a plan. I'll poke Plasdene again for delivery and box prices then get a new thread started.

We still need buyers for what, 600 or more of this pallet? So we're not there yet...

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's to the mods we go...anyone else see those dwarves?

Awesome, glad this is on its feet. I might be good for another 100 depending on price after delivery, boxes. So definitely 300, maybe 400.

Mention the C word if you want to attract a mod.

I'm interested in 400 or so, and it would be ideal if we could get boxes to suit the bottles, as carting 400 bottles back to Ballarat in odd boxes would be interesting!

wynnum1 said:
Are the bottles wrapped in plastic bundles.
Mardoo's right, these bottles come as pallet stock only...there are other bottles that Plasdene re-wrap themselves into 'pack' sizes, but not this particular bottle, hence why we need to get boxes and be able to handle delivery of a pallet.

From my count we have 1,260 of the 1,800 on the pallet spoken for. I never got info back from Plasdene on the box & divider costs, I'll poke 'em again tomorrow, and once I have that I'll start a new thread. Here's the list of who's in so far:

jazzad1: 400
carniebrew: 200
Tex083: 60
Mardoo: 300
Prince Imperial: 100
Idzy: 200
Total: 1,260

They're just under 35c each for the bottles, so about $35 per 100, I'd be surprised if the boxes cost much, I'm guessing less than a buck each, and they'd hold maybe 16 bottles each. So it should be around the $40 mark per 100 of these bottles I'd guess.

Is this an official mod-approved Bulk Buy yet? Then we could list it as such. On that note I'll take another 100 making the numbers:

Mardoo: 400
Total: 1,360

So are they not charging delivery for this? If so that will need to be wrapped into the bottle cost.

Good point, forget about delivery cost, if it's $50 then that'll add 3 cents to each bottle.

Do the mods still 'approve' bulk buys? I though that was back when Dane was in charge. I think you just list 'em now. I guess a mod will tell me if otherwise.

@ 35-38c a bottle you can up my request from 60 to 100 as it's the best value getting round, and it might help to get the entire pellet sold.

if someone has access to a tray back ute, they could pick up the pallet and just leave it on the tray on the day it is all divided up, then return the pallet and dividers to get the deposit back on them

or even a trailer would do

Mardoo said:
Is this an official mod-approved Bulk Buy yet? Then we could list it as such. On that note I'll take another 100 making the numbers:

Total: 1,360

So are they not charging delivery for this? If so that will need to be wrapped into the bottle cost.

Put me down for 100.

Cheers

Only 100 left.

Tex083: 100
Woostyle: 100
FranksandBeens: 200
Total: 1,700

Updated tally, should this receive the papal blessing:

Tex083: 100
Woostyle: 100
Franks: 200
Total: 1,700

100 more to round off the pallet.

Edit: Franks slipped in a couple of hundred while I was typing. Nothing to see here!

This is a definite go, even if we don't get a buyer for the last 100 I'll just take 'em and sell 'em to the inevitable brewer who'll come along a week later saying "bloody hell I can't believe I missed this bulk buy"!

Back