Group buy at Plasdene (Preston, VIC) - bottles, fermenters, cubes etc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a straight pallet pack, although the quote says something about needed 6 "composites", so maybe they're grouped into 6 lots of 300 somehow. Anyone in the biz know what a composite is? They're returnable too from the looks.

Maybe I should split this out into a separate bulk buy just for bottles, given we're up to 700 already.

Oh and my signature is "adapted" from Austin Powers...the scene actually goes:

Austin Powers: There are only two things in this world that scare me and one is nuclear war.
Basil: What's the other?
Austin Powers: Huh?
Basil: What's the other thing that scares you?
Austin Powers: Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.

Mike Myers is pure genius I tells ya....

Its just the dividers between layers, normally these are chargeable in the final cost as well as the pallet and top frame, a credit is issued when they are returned.

That makes sense, so they must be in 6 layers on the pallet. I remember seeing something similar last time I was at UBrewIT.

Here's a copy of the quote I got from them today:
500ml.jpg

I reckon start a thread carniebrew.

Alright, I'll see if they come back with a pic then I'll start a new thread.

Just thinking ahead...how do we pick up a pallet? I doubt it's gonna fit in my Territory! And once picked up, where do we host the bottles for pickup? I've asked Plasdene for the dimensions, so guys will know what box sizes they'll need...and also I've asked them for pricing on boxes/dividers in case anyone wants to get them at the same time.

Are they game for us to camp in their parking lot for a day? Then we order boxes and box them all and folks have to get them on the day.

But you raise a salient point!

It's not a very big car park, so I doubt it. And they'll definitely want us out of the way of their warehouse pick up door...so we'll have to work something out.

If we could get 'em in boxes, I suppose 3 or 4 of us could meet there, box 'em all up, then split the boxes amongst us for people to pick up later.

They will, but you need a forklift at delivery address

I may - and this is not certain - be able to organize to have it dropped at the warehouse where I work and then choose a day for the split.

If the delivery truck has a lift it could be done with a pallet jack on a smooth driveway. I can very possibly borrow a pallet jack from work.

That could work. I reckon we need to buy boxes that fit these bottles, I believe Plasdene sell them and they're pretty cheap. Then a bunch of us meet up wherever the bottles get delivered and get stuck into boxing them up (I'll bring beer to keep our energy reserves up).

Then whoever can get there can take theirs home, and for those who can't, someone can possibly take their allocation with them for pickup at another time.

I can certainly offer a place to store them however I don't have a forklift/pallet jack and I'm not sure FTG is the most central location, but is an option nonetheless.

Today I'm looking into the option I mentioned earlier. Should know for sure by tonight. It will most likely have to be in early Jan as this is our busy season, the warehouse is chockers the forkies are all-too-busy. I just can't see The Emperor of the Warehouse agreeing to allow it before then.

OK folks, we're on if we want to go this way. After January 7 we can have the pallet/s of bottles etc. dropped at my workplace where the forkies will load it/them into our warehouse. Then we arrange a Saturday or Sunday pickup day, I park the pallet on the sidewalk and we can pack into boxes. So shall we talk details Carniebrew?

Latest posts

Back