Green Magnetic Pumps

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bradsbrew

Picked up one of these at CB today. Anyone else used them? I will be using it for hlt to mlt for now but will be using as the recirc pump when i finish the HERMS. I will still use the perastaltic for mlt to kettle because I like the timing.

marchpumpCH.jpg

Cheers Brad

I was watching one on ebay but ended up getting a secondhand march 809 off Batz.
It should have no problems doing either of those jobs.

PS: bet ya I get my HERMES going before you do :p

I was watching one on ebay but ended up getting a secondhand march 809 off Batz.
It should have no problems doing either of those jobs.

PS: bet ya I get my HERMES going before you do :p

You more than likely will winkle, although I have almost evertything I need scattered downstairs. Might just have to go and gather it all together and make a trip to the hardware tmorow. Whilst my RIS mashes.

Now to work out which way this pump flows, be ficked if I can find any instructions for this pump online.

Cheers

You more than likely will winkle, although I have almost evertything I need scattered downstairs. Might just have to go and gather it all together and make a trip to the hardware tmorow. Whilst my RIS mashes.

Now to work out which way this pump flows, be ficked if I can find any instructions for this pump online.

Cheers
I had the impression it was centre in, side out but can't be certain - isn't there an imbossed arrow on it?

Anyhoo just test it with a bucket of water.

I had the impression it was centre in, side out but can't be certain - isn't there an imbossed arrow on it?

Anyhoo just test it with a bucket of water.

That's correct, all pumps are the same.

Hehe. A few early ones today ic :)

Impeller pushes out radially, pulls in from the centre. Centrifugal action, sort of.

Picked up one of these at CB today. Anyone else used them? I will be using it for hlt to mlt for now but will be using as the recirc pump when i finish the HERMS. I will still use the perastaltic for mlt to kettle because I like the timing.

marchpumpCH.jpg

Cheers Brad

Hi brad...do you have this pump up and running yet...how does it rate...i'm look'n to get a pump for recirc and whirlpool duties...
Cheers
Nibbo

Is this pump the same as these?

edit: Think I've answered my own question
craftbrewer: polysulfone
aliexpress: polypropylene

QldKev

Hi brad...do you have this pump up and running yet...how does it rate...i'm look'n to get a pump for recirc and whirlpool duties...
Cheers
Nibbo

Yep, I have used it for the last 12 months. Great unit and have never had a problem with it, I use it for HERMS. Very quite too.

Cheers

Yep, I have used it for the last 12 months. Great unit and have never had a problem with it, I use it for HERMS. Very quite too.

Cheers

Thanks mate, thats all i needed to hear.

Cheers for replying so quick :beerbang:

Nibbo

Is this pump the same as these?

edit: Think I've answered my own question
craftbrewer: polysulfone
aliexpress: polypropylene
The new (polysulfone) model of the Kaixin pump is due later this month (according to info supplied to interested UK-based home brewers).

The new (polysulfone) model of the Kaixan pump is due later this month (according to info supplied to interested UK-based home brewers).

Doh! I just ordered a MP-20 yesterday from aliexpress. The supplier said it will be a white body, so fingers crossed it may be a polysulfone version?

QldKev

I am using one of these pumps on my homemade Braumeister. It is reliable, quiet and gives good head (mind the pun).

I bought mine from Keg King.

pics of it installed are at http://images.cobbersbrewery.com look at the plumbing picture, looks the same to me.

Back