Green Beacon - Wayfarer USA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mat B

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this beer? I had it at Brisbane Airport, and understand Green Beacon is a local microbrewery there. I really enjoyed it and wouldn't mind having a crack at cloning it.

Interested to see if anyone has any idea what hops is in it? From what I've read it's a wheat ale, but suspect this is only around 20% as it doesn't taste that wheaty. Very citrusy and has some passionfruit to it. Maybe has citra hops..?

just guessing but you could try maybe citra & galaxy

they give some hints on the website:

ABV: 4.9% Yeast: American Ale EBC: 8 IBU: 21
Bursting with hop aromas of fresh tropical fruit and intense flavours of lemon, pineapple, passionfruit and a hint of coconut, Flaked and malted wheat give a creamy mouthfeel and finish.

I almost read "Green Bacon"......and thought...who would want green bacon ?

Ducatiboy stu said:
I almost read "Green Bacon"......and thought...who would want green bacon ?
Goes better with green eggs than plain, boring old ham

Top brewery, when I was there a couple of years ago, the head brewer was an AHB member, can't remember who for the life of me but Tidal Pete might know. Had a long chat about stouts.

edit: Pete informs me, and now I remember: Johannes from BABBs but not sure if he's on the forum. Anyway a true German Braumeister.

Drinking this now. I reckon there is some simcoe in there - I detect pine but mostly tropical fruits. Simcoe, Galaxy, citra and Amarillo -a combination of some or all would be my guess.

Back