Great Intercontinental Pub Crawl 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyssedas Heavy Industrial

Reaction score
Yes my friends - despite popular demand the Great Intercontinental Pub Crawl is on again this year! AHB members have been staunch supporters in the past and hopefully well fire up again this year

For those of you who have not been a part of it before the short version of what goes on is this:
The most basic information you need to know is that the GIPC is free to participate in, open to anyone wherever they live in the world, and that through your participation you will meet [online at least] some most excellent people.

The plan goes like this on Saturday May 31st 2008, people all around the world will go bar/pub crawling as best they can. In 2007 we had 143 venues in 66 cities in 16 countries on all 7 terrestrial continents participating! You might want to crawl with your normal drunken mates or use this as opportunity to meet people from online brewing forums in your area etc. Some places even use the opportunity to raise funds for local charities.

So what do you do if you want to be more involved?

Well first of all tell us the name of city & country you are crawling in then when you work out what bars/pubs/houses/gutters you will be in tell us that too!

The easiest way to tell us is by mailing us at [email protected]
If you want to be more involved come over to the crawl forum at:
http://www.pyssedas.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=12

For a list of who is involved already check out:
http://www.pyssedas.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=271

Just a little update to let you know how things are progressing with the crawl with a little over 6 weeks to go the South African contingent has left all others in their wake at the moment! Aruba has joined the crawl this week meaning that we now have South America on board again this year. T-shirts are being planned and the granddaddy of the crawl Melbourne Australia is starting to vaguely get its act together.

We would welcome many more participants so if you are not already crawling on May 31st why not get involved more details over here:
http://www.pyssedas.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=12

Hi Everyone,

Just a very quick update to say thanks to those who have responded with updates as to when and where they will be crawling and an even bigger thanks to those who have encouraged their family and friends to join in.

This week we welcomed more venues in South Africa, Austria, Germany and Australia.

We now have 27 venues in 23 cities in 7 countries on 5 continents participating this is great but a long way behind where we have been previously so please get involved if you have not already done so just email us where you are going to be on the day and of course ask any questions you might have [email protected]

We currently have 15 t-shirts ordered which is below what we need to make the venture economically viable if you havent ordered one or you want to know more please let me know ASAP

ok, finally have my list together, it goes something like this:

Breakfast Creek Hotel
The Paddo
The Caxton
Kitty Oshea
Hotel LA
Casablancas
The Transcontinental Hotel
Tin Billies
The Grosvener
Showgirls
Mick Omalleys
The Pig and Whistle Queen st
The Embassy
The Irish Club
Irish Murphys
The Brewhouse
Gilhooleys
Union Jacks
The Stock Exchange
The Victory
The Belgian Beer Cafe
Fridays
The Pig and Whistle Eagle St
Rosies
Grand Central Hotel
Whistle Stop
Step Inn
The Jubilee
The Wickham
The Elephant and the Wheelbarrow
Rics
RG
Mustang
The Beat
The Brunswick Hotel

thats 36, beat that Africa

pubcrawl07.jpg

ok, finally have my list together, it goes something like this:

Breakfast Creek Hotel
The Paddo
The Caxton
Kitty Oshea
Hotel LA
Casablancas
Tin Billies
The Grosvener
Showgirls
Mick Omalleys
The Pig and Whistle Queen st
The Embassy
The Irish Club
Irish Murphys
The Brewhouse
Gilhooleys
Union Jacks
The Stock Exchange
The Victory
The Belgian Beer Cafe
Fridays
The Pig and Whistle Eagle St
Rosies
Grand Central Hotel
Whistle Stop
Step Inn
The Jubilee
The Wickham
The Elephant and the Wheelbarrow
Rics
RG
Mustang
The Beat
The Brunswick Hotel

thats 36, beat that Africa

+++

starts 9.30 at brekky creek

That should kill time to approx 5pm.... Where are we going to drink in the evening :p

cheers Ross

Ross, you are out of your mind, you know that right?

Oh, i have ordered 17 Tshirts, they were $20 last year.

these sizes have not been reserved
1 small girls
2 medium girls
3 medium mens
3 Large mens

(i have yours on hold Ross)

pretty sure im in.. and i'll prob get a shirt too! my other half will prob as well, what do the shirts look like?

I also assume this is an open invite sort of dealio is there a webpage that has all relevant qld details available or should i make one?

Troydo

Oh, i have ordered 17 Tshirts, they were $20 last year.

these sizes have not been reserved
1 small girls
2 medium girls
3 medium mens
3 Large mens

(i have yours on hold Ross)

I'll take one of the largest...cheers.

I have to say that it looks like the Brisbane crawl might be rivalling the melbourne crawl for number of crawlers [i thinkits well ahead in terms of venues...]

pretty sure im in.. and i'll prob get a shirt too! my other half will prob as well, what do the shirts look like?

I also assume this is an open invite sort of dealio is there a webpage that has all relevant qld details available or should i make one?

Troydo

yeah mate open invite, i'll probably need to know numbers for breakfast at the creek and the bus to the Paddo
I posted an event on myspace, but if you want to get those details up in a more professional manner by all means do;)

Troydo - i don't have any images i can upload easily - but the shirt will be similar to last year's blue one [updated for 08 - and with the venues which are participating this year printed on it]

you can see last year's shirts in the vid of the melbourne crawl - www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd6xdWMv_rY

Sad news friends, the Brekky Creek Hotel refuses to serve us breakfast, despite my promise of 60 people. the bastards.
in more positive news The Paddo has agreed to serve us breakfast! (10am) HOORAY!

it will probably cost $25-$30 per head, for bacon, eggs, sausage, toast, fruit cereal, juice and stuff. It will also mean i'll be cancelling the bus and thus save extra money for more beers!

I have booked for 50 people... get your possie now! (i'll enlarge the booking if I need to)

I'm looking for suggestions to replace breakfast creek

Goodbye Brekky creek
The Paddo
The Caxton
Kitty Oshea
Hotel LA
Casablancas
Tin Billies
The Grosvener
Showgirls
Mick Omalleys