• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Graphic Designers - I Need A Logo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All's good - i've been sprung stealing someone else's pic before so I am in no place to complain.

Dont bring on the big guns...

med_gallery_7239_412_11255.jpg

I gotta say, he copied my kakky-handed handwriting beautifully.

Yup, got it in one. Left-hander trying to keep a mouse steady in their right hand. :)

That is a lot more english.

Do you remember the dissapointed horse sketch?

Well whatya know, I found a sad horsey on the net. Here it is as you asked for:

equineale.jpg

It is not a happy sort of label. You sure you want something like that?
What about a cute little pony AND a cute kitty?

calenderbrew.jpg

How's that for cute?
Personally I'd stick with the duck theme.

So the horse and kitty were cute but you can't really market beer to children.
I decided to override your advice and go back to the duck theme:

essesnceofduck1.jpg

But then I thought, wow if you can get in trouble for saying politically incorrect stuff on Twitter, what if 'someone' is watching AHB? There were no racial puns intended above, so just to be sure, let's change it:

essesnceofduck.jpg

Yeah, you're right, its too fancy. Try again:

essesnceofduck3.jpg

Hey Hey? Now that's a bottler huh!

I'd say your bootleg duck wouldn't be so happy if the big guns were called.

BLACK_DUCK5.JPG

oh damn... forgot the hat 'n' tie.

Alright, alright, yeah I know. How can it get any better? Well wait, I called out the big guns - MS Word and MS Paint!
This has gotta be the go huh?

ducksguts.jpg

Nice and colourful huh! It would look the ducks guts on a bottle huh! And just in case that is not quite enough, try this one:

ducksguts2.jpg

And you already have your slogan/catch phrase: "Quackers Brewery; it's the ducks guts!" Sorted!

It would also make a catchy TV or radio advertisement: "Coor whats that stuff then eh?" "It's the Ducks Guts!"

These are only going to get better as the night progresses!!!!!

These are only going to get better as the night progresses!!!!!

I am sure they will!
But not from me, it's almost time to go home!
One last quick one, regretably not as good as the previous ones though, I think I have peaked already.

blackgoatbrewery.jpg

Huh? What's this all about? It's Beerforal and his mate swiped from his website!

Here's another one as a logo...

Black_Duck_logo.png

Attachments

• Black_Duck_logo.png
    Black_Duck_logo.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 40
I am sure they will!
But not from me, it's almost time to go home!
One last quick one, regretably not as good as the previous ones though, I think I have peaked already.

blackgoatbrewery.jpg

Huh? What's this all about? It's Beerforal and his mate swiped from his website!
A friend has been encouraging a 'dark hole ale' so this could be the choice for the dark beer.

I have no idea for a logo. I am getting a good laugh from some of the attempts in this thread, although I question how useful they are from a commercial point of view.

However, I will say that I consumed a few glasses of the Bitter in question at Flavours Restaurant at Lighthouse Beach in Port Macquarie last Friday night. The restaurant is only about 1/2 km from my place, and it seems to be the only outlet for it. I had to specifically ask for it, as couldn't see it on the drinks menu.

I enjoyed the beer. It is a very clean and clear beer, mid bodied maltiness, very nice bittering, although I couldn't pick up too much in the way of hop aroma and flavour. Maybe that's because I'd spoiled my palate with one of my IPAs before mrs warra and I went to dinner.

I have no idea for a logo. I am getting a good laugh from some of the attempts in this thread, although I question how useful they are from a commercial point of view.

Yeah I agree, some are not very useful from a commercial point of view.
As others had pointed out, maybe he needs a better brief and in the spirit of helping a brewer out, here's my efforts at helping him:

qbbrief2.jpg

"Hello Ladies, wanna see my little black duck"

Or maybe this clarrifies it better:
qbbrief1.jpg

Caption to read same as previous.

And just in case there is still some confusion:
bdbsm.jpg

Right we all have the full brief now (apart from the above - it could hardly be called a full brief). Let's get cracking!

A friend has been encouraging a 'dark hole ale' so this could be the choice for the dark beer.

Ohh that is sooooooo tempting to have a crack at! "Sphincter Ale"!

There is chocolate beer and chilli chocolate, so why not a chilli chocolate beer? "Bum burning 'Sphincter Ale', are you man enough?"
Or just a hint of chilli (then you'd be able to actually drink a bit of it) "Bold hops are pleasantly compliment by the mild warming of chilli".

It's not something I'd drink; I hate chilli. I like ducks, they taste good; I'll stick with your duck flavoured beer.

oh heh, I'm laughing my ass off at work - this thread just reminded me of the jovial nature of this site :)

Pity I'm not graphically minded at all or I'd have a go.

oh heh, I'm laughing my ass off at work - this thread just reminded me of the jovial nature of this site :)

Yeah, leave this one to the pro's, mintsauce! That kegs mine!

Hey this is no laughing matter! I've put a lot of thought into (some of) my efforts.
Oh Shiite, was I supposed to be graphically minded? I guess I am out now; thanks for the wet blanket mintsauce! Mind you I was having some thoughts about my SWMBO just before that were of a graphical nature, I guess I can keep loitering this thread.

Edit: third last word should read "littering".

Yeah, leave this one to the pro's, mintsauce! That kegs mine!

Oh master, we are not worthy!
I kind of got lost, did your evolving duck ever have a name? Or did he go to the gig and forget his name? Oh that's right last thing is that he got booked; must have been one heck of a gig. Gosh he has a bit of a story: maybe you could write a kids book? "Black Duck goes to Jail" - you have the illustrations for it already. :D

Have you been writing the latest Twilight book, Malted? All I've seen from you is blood and testicles.

Latest posts

Back