Grain Storage

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont store grain at home yet, but this suburb is well known for the "doity rats".

Solution.

MVC_004F.JPG

Picture_018.jpg
Picked up these drums today from big bubble. $1 each
They have ply top and bottom metal ring and are made of some type of compressed cardboard.
Pictured next to keg for reference.

:beer:

Richard

Picture_016.jpg
These containers are the ones i mentioned previously. The one on the left.

What are the conatiners in teh background Recharge? Looks like they could be some damn fine fermenters.

That's an exellent price for those plastic ones , they want $17 at our local AG supplier .

And no the python is not a pet. Just a squatter.

Where is this place you get them recharge?

Cheers
Batz

I use the 30lt? white plastic buckets from Bunnings around $7.00 with airtight lid, each bucket holds 12.5k grain. They live in the garage and I have not seen a problem with condensation or sweating.
Nice and aittight.

Cheers
Andrew

berto said:
What are the conatiners in teh background Recharge? Looks like they could be some damn fine fermenters.
[post="109101"][/post]​
in pic 2 they are modified ss water tanks will be wine fermenters ,when finished need cooling jackets first. Other desired uses may be bio diesel and large water purifier. :D
Tank in pic 1 is a 700L variable capacity tank currently full with very mediocre shiraz(no temp control for that size).

Richard

Batz said:
That's an exellent price for those plastic ones , they want $17 at our local AG supplier .

And no the python is not a pet. Just a squatter.

Where is this place you get them recharge?

Cheers
Batz
[post="109108"][/post]​
Containers came from Big Bubble in Midland WA they sell bulk detergents etc + craft stuff and some pretty expensive home brew supplies.

Richard

recharge said:
they sell bulk detergents etc + craft stuff and some pretty expensive home brew supplies.

Richard
[post="109345"][/post]​

They must be the hops. :ph34r:

johnno

midland.. woohoo just 1/2hr down the road from me later this year.man perths looking mighty fine.

looking forward to the move
big d

Richard, that plastic screwtop (left) looks very familiar, the guy at the local sunday swapmeet that sells buckets/pails/cubes had one of those. Didn't have tap hole tho and the lid doesn't seal well, is that one the same?

hmmmm, Midland eh? Will have to pay Big Bubble a visit when I get back from holi's.
Cheers Richard.

Simo

big d said:
midland.. woohoo just 1/2hr down the road from me later this year.man perths looking mighty fine.

looking forward to the move
big d
[post="109368"][/post]​
1/2 hour which way?

Simon W said:
Richard, that plastic screwtop (left) looks very familiar, the guy at the local sunday swapmeet that sells buckets/pails/cubes had one of those. Didn't have tap hole tho and the lid doesn't seal well, is that one the same?

hmmmm, Midland eh? Will have to pay Big Bubble a visit when I get back from holi's.
Cheers Richard.

Simo
[post="109519"][/post]​
No tap hole and the screwtop doesnt seal at all but it has a push in lid that goes under it (i can take some pics if you like) i wouldnt be fermenting in them unless you could make some sort of seal.

They walk out the door pretty quick too so you just gotta keep looking.

Richard

recharge said:
....it has a push in lid that goes under it (i can take some pics if you like) i wouldnt be fermenting in them....

Yup, zackery same. Thought the same when I saw them at swapmeet.
Might be okay for grain storage or something tho, right price. hmmmm

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Bunnings have 50 litre storage bins with wheels for sale this week at $6 for anyone wanting to keep rodents out of your precious grain.

TDA
[post="15250"][/post]​

I have been hangingtobrew and am looking around for for suitable containers.

There are some good suggestions in this thread.
I wonder if bunnungs still have these.

I will be bulk buying from Powells. I have held of so far on account of the bad back and also shifting when we find a suitable house That may take the rest of the year or it may be next week.
Stuff it I want to brew.

If I have to shift fermenters with wert in them, so be it.

johnno

johnno said:
If I have to shift fermenters with wert in them, so be it.

johnno
[post="112136"][/post]​

I should add thats the shifting people, not I..oh not I .

Latest posts

Back