Grain Mills

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys I was very surprised at the price of the mill ($220 pre-release) so I kept to my word & bought one. I have also recently bought the hopper as well, the quality's excellent so I should be able to hand it down to one of my grandkids in 20 years or so. Pity they have to be made overseas but that's how it goes I suppose.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Just got my monster mill delivered from the US in just over a week and for just over $200 AUS. With the dollar the way it is and the quality and size of the stainless steel mill, its worth a look at.

This price was mill only, now the fun part begins, cranking her up on power.

OK, so my power drill did not have the guts or low speed gearing to turn the monster mill and I didnt want to get a new drill, electric motor etc. That said I hand cranked 5kg of grain last weekend in less than 5 minutes.

I just had to show you my new piece of bling for the brewshed. Took a few adjustments to get right but now works a treat.

Picture.jpg

Thanks to the local aluminum jet boat builder for the job.

I have the same setup glibrew. I like to use the hand crank (no pun intended), a bit of exercise while making gods own nectar has to be a good thing. :)

+1 monster mill

I must admit I do enjoy the grain crush side of things. Only takes a few minutes but the aroma of the freshly cracked grain heralds the start of the brew day.

......is it 5 o'clock yet?

D'oh! Even have to squeeze 8 hours work in today between now and then

where do u guys get the handcrankfor your monster mills?

Back