Grain Mill Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayandcath

Reaction score
Howdy One and All,
There has been a bit of talk about having another grain mill bulk buy, so I thought I would throw it down and see who is interested.
I was looking at the following mills: -
Monster Mill - MM2 (2 roller mill, 6"L x 1.5"dia rollers) and we can ship 2 mills for the same shipping charge, so landed in Australia we would be look at about $215ea
Mill Master Mill - (2 roller mill, 5.4"L x 2.7" dia rollers) and (hopefully) if we get enough numbers we might get a similar price to the last bulk buy.

I have used both and I really don't care one way or the other as both have pro and con's, the biggest con that I see is with the Mill-master and that's weight (shipping costs) but that is a small price to pay in the long run.

So, Who's with me????

Jay

Jay - Either Mill

1. Jay - Either Mill

2. Sully - Either depending on price

heres one thing to consider... the hopper

you cant buy a hopper that fits the monstermill. so you'll have to build it which will also cost some $ and time.
you can buy a hopper for millmaster but it costs extra but you dont have to build it so you save time.

something to think about.

I dont think you'll hear a bad thing about either of them. horses for courses and personal preferance.

you cant buy a hopper that fits the monstermill. so you'll have to build it which will also cost some $ and time.
you can buy a hopper for millmaster but it costs extra but you dont have to build it so you save time.

I dont think you'll hear a bad thing about either of them. horses for courses and personal preferance.

Good point, and don't forget the handle as it's a great piece of kit.
Found I could use arm power to crush grain in quick time, photo of motor below, :p more fun then the drill I had on the Marga mill, and a photo of the handle.

Edit: Typo

arm_m11.jpg

976201_1.jpg

1. Jay - Either Mill

3.barry3-Sunshine coast-Millmaster+hopper+handle-depending on cost

These are very valid points to consider for all, I am looking this way because I have a mate that can make the hopper and I already have a motor ready to go, so I just want the mill body.

Jay

Nice motor bindi :D

I have deleted my name from the list as I have just bought a Barley Crusher from one of the Australian suppliers.

1. Jay - Either Mill

3. OLDS2006 - either price depending

Picture.jpg

Remember, to get a decent hopper and crank handle - like this - will cost you $200+. This is a 2 x 2inch roller monster with aluminium handle and hopper. It is awesome though - and worth it.

Is there still any interest in the mill bulk buy ?
I`m guessing we need at least five people interested before contacting suppliers.
Darren

1. Jay - Either Mill
2.barry3-Sunshine coast-Millmaster+hopper+handle-depending on cost
3. OLDS2006 - either price depending

Sorry to drop out but I lashed out and bought a Millmaster just recently.

I may be interested in a Millmaster with hopper and handle. Couldnt be bothered trying to make a hopper to be honest.
Cheers,
Jake

I may be interested in a Millmaster with hopper and handle. Couldnt be bothered trying to make a hopper to be honest.
Cheers,
Jake
The millmaster hoppers are a bit small, thats the only caveat.

I dropped out on Dec 12 as advised

"I have deleted my name from the list as I have just bought a Barley Crusher from one of the Australian suppliers.

Well, notwithstanding my earlier comment about not being bothered...just having a look at the pic of the hopper on Ross's site it looks like it would be pretty easy to fashion a "top hat" for the hopper thereby extending its vertical volume.

http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1123

View attachment 23623

Cheers,
Jake
Sorry - should have mentioned that... I have the MM hopper and will be extending it, its just a bit small to take a full grain bill by itself, you will have to keep feeeding it.

I dropped out on Dec 12 as advised

"I have deleted my name from the list as I have just bought a Barley Crusher from one of the Australian suppliers.
Sorry barry3 copied and pasted the wrong list... my bad

Bloody hell, cant get anything right today.... I think I will go back to bed... :rolleyes:

View attachment 23190

Remember, to get a decent hopper and crank handle - like this - will cost you $200+. This is a 2 x 2inch roller monster with aluminium handle and hopper. It is awesome though - and worth it.

Just out of interest, anyone know where to source a crank handle for the Monster? I've got mine running of a cheapy drill, but would be fine cranking for the twice a month or so that I use it....

Cheers

Latest posts

Back