Grain mill BB once again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aussie brewer said:
No issue, it's all good. Yeah get a price if you don't mind and let us know the comparison
I already contacted Micah and he said it would be difficult for him to logistically handle the bulk buy at this time and they would take some time to be delivered from USA. The lowest he could go is $150-160ish (not sure about shipping). Micah's come from the USA and the Keg King ones come from China.

I will stick with this bulk buy for now. Hopefully we get the numbers.

phoenixdigital said:
I already contacted Micah and he said it would be difficult for him to logistically handle the bulk buy at this time and they would take some time to be delivered from USA. The lowest he could go is $150-160ish (not sure about shipping). Micah's come from the USA and the Keg King ones come from China.

I will stick with this bulk buy for now. Hopefully we get the numbers.
I'm pretty sure if we give it time we will get the numbers. I'll check the last thread and message those that missed out last time. I haven't heard any bad reviews about the keg king mill. So I think it is a good buy especially for the price.

1. Aussie brewer (penrith NSW)
2. Cochise (Panania, NSW)
3. DaveHQ (Ballarat, Vic)
4. professional_drunk (local)
5. TateG (melb, Vic)
6. 431neb (Melb - can pick up)
7. zburns (Northern Beaches, NSW)
8. Dan26 (Gold Coast, QLD)

Count me in guys ive being watching the thread closely trying to make my mind up and thought I may as well jump in sounds like a great deal and im not going to get cheaper anywhere else.
Ive never brought anything in a bulk buy like this so Aussiebrewer just pm me about anything i need to know and do.

Cheers Dan

I'm still very keen, I'm just not sure if I will be in Australia. I'll be keeping an eye on this and if timing works out I'll be jumping on board. Thanks Aussie for organizing.

5. TateG (melb, Vic)
9. AJ80 (Melb - will pick up)

I'm in - although this will cost me a new pair of shoes and an outfit for SWMBO....that just means four/six sacks of grain as opposed to two before I'm in front...

Like Dan, this'll be my first bulk buy - let me know what else you need from me.

Thanks for organising.

AJ

5150 said:
I'm still very keen, I'm just not sure if I will be in Australia. I'll be keeping an eye on this and if timing works out I'll be jumping on board. Thanks Aussie for organizing.
How long are you over seas for. If its not a super long trip and you don't want to miss out. I don't kind storing yours for you till you get back or I can post it to a relative or friend for you

5. TateG (melb, Vic)
10. Lecterfan (depending on if price gets down to approx what it was last time, Ballarat, can pick up).

5. TateG (melb, Vic)
10. Lecterfan (depending on if price gets down to approx what it was last time, Ballarat, can pick up).
11. phoenixdigital (Brisbane) same as above. If its much higher than the $117 (ex shipping) quoted in post 10 I will buy a Barley Crusher.

Do we have an approximate idea of shipping costs from you to us Aussie Brewer?

In particular Brisbane and Melb postage.

aussie brewer said:
How long are you over seas for. If its not a super long trip and you don't want to miss out. I don't kind storing yours for you till you get back or I can post it to a relative or friend for you
I'm heading OS on the 14th July for 6 weeks. If it happens before I head off I'll get it sent to a mate, Thanks for the off Aussie Brewer.

5. TateG (melb, Vic)
11. phoenixdigital (Brisbane) same as above. If its much higher than the $117 (ex shipping) quoted in post 10 I will buy a Barley Crusher.
12. Khellendros13 (Pickup Melb)

phoenixdigital said:
5. TateG (melb, Vic)

Do we have an approximate idea of shipping costs from you to us Aussie Brewer?

In particular Brisbane and Melb postage.
I had a link to Australia post quotes early on in the piece. Depending on the actual dimentios of the package it might fit in one of those prepaid satchuels. If it does postage will be $16.70 to any location maybe even $13.40 if it fits In a medium one. I think we will struggle to get 30 at this stage so the pice will be $117 a unit.

5150 said:
I'm heading OS on the 14th July for 6 weeks. If it happens before I head off I'll get it sent to a mate, Thanks for the off Aussie Brewer.
No worries hopefully it is over by then I'm pretty keen to start milling grain

Khellendros13 said:
5. TateG (melb, Vic)
13. mash head
Count me in, Ive been away for a week so havnt caught up. To the question earlier, I need a mill that can handle a large volume because I have a big kettle to fill.
Mine will also have to be posted thanks.

5. TateG (melb, Vic)
13. mash head
14. PeterG78 (Ashfield NSW - can pick around Sydney

Haven't been on AHB much lately but was just thinking about get the same mill from my home brew store just the other day.

Checked with Australia post today and it should fit in a pre paid satchel and wont be more then $16.70 to anywhere in Australia. I have to wait till I get the item for exact size but might fit in the medium bag which is only $13.40. For those that need postage.

Why don't you ask one of those who has already participated in one of these buys if it will fit? The previous threads have discussions in them.

punkin said:
Why don't you ask one of those who has already participated in one of these buys if it will fit? The previous threads have discussions in them.
It will fit one of the bags from the dementions keg king gave me its just a matter of which one. It's hard to know how they will come packaged and their packaging may have changed from last time. From what I have been told it will fit. Are you putting your name on the list?

Some people were asking about the size of the hopper and alike. The mills speed at 200rpm is 2-3kg a minute and the hoppers volume is 3.5 litres.

aussie brewer said:
It will fit one of the bags from the dementions keg king gave me its just a matter of which one. It's hard to know how they will come packaged and their packaging may have changed from last time. From what I have been told it will fit. Are you putting your name on the list?
Difference of $3 or so is pretty irrelevant so just find out when it comes to shipping them.

6 more to go!

Back