Goulburn & surrounds?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kono

Reaction score
Hey all, just wondering if there is anything brew club related that happens down goulburn way? Moving there in a month or so and am keen on brew days/drinking days etc, and generally hanging with other brewers.

Probably moving into crookwell and have no idea about the "scene" around these areas!

Cheers!

It's an hour away, but Canberra Brewers are pretty active - we meet at the Harmonie German Club in Narrabundah on the first Thursday of every month.

If you can, head down and introduce yourself!

Cool, cheers man. Got some good brew shops around as well?

Three options in Canberra: http://www.belcobrewsupplies.com.au is a home-run business in the northern suburbs - mostly geared toward all grain brewing; Brew Your Own At Home is a more traditional local homebrew shop catering for all styles - in Kambah; and Mashematics.net is another garage-based operation, mostly supplying club members - also down south.

All are probably well out of your way, so you might end up looking into using the online suppliers.

Well, I have a fair whack of malt and hops to last me a while, but there is yeast and restocks to worry about.

If the "local" stores have fresh ingredients and know their stuff I would rather make the drive and grab stuff. Will have the check them out.

What's the food like at the German place? Will definitely have to check it out!

You're only 45-50 mins up the highway to mittagong. There is a brew club and I swear his ingredients are the cheapest in oz. Does gas bottle refills super cheap too. Southernhighlandshomebrew or similar is the website - which isn't great but you'll see the prices. Doesn't carry full sacks in stock. If you go there, ask him to. We r slowly getting the message thru. Whitelabs yeast and sooooo many hops. 1kg bags if you want ! No affiliation other than support for my LHBS

mckenry said:
You're only 45-50 mins up the highway to mittagong. There is a brew club and I swear his ingredients are the cheapest in oz. Does gas bottle refills super cheap too. Southernhighlandshomebrew or similar is the website - which isn't great but you'll see the prices. Doesn't carry full sacks in stock. If you go there, ask him to. We r slowly getting the message thru. Whitelabs yeast and sooooo many hops. 1kg bags if you want ! No affiliation other than support for my LHBS
Forgot to mention, there is a couple that travel from Marulan every month. She is more a spiritual home brewer, he is the beerman. Could work out a driver / drinker rotation.

Thanks for the detailed info mate, will definitely check it out! I'll make sure I ask about full bags as well, just to keep the hint coming at him haha

Well, looks like a couple of options, I see on google maps there is a home brew shop in goulburn, so I will have to check them out and see what the business is there. But if someone is travelling from marulan to mittagong then I guess its not the best for AG?

I'll check out all options anyway.

What about good beers? Other than the obvious ones in Canberra?

Back