Got A Pot, Need A Lid

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10246

Reaction score
Scored a couple of cheap pots from ebay recently, 2 x 24 litre & 1 x 50 litre, all without lids though. No problem for the 24 litre jobbies, but the 50 I got nuthin ;)

Anyone got any idea where I might be able to get a lid for one, it's an aluminium 50 litre, approximately 320mm diameter.

Cheers
Goldy

Grab a hold of some scrap metal and make one yourself, could easily pop rivet a bunnings handle on. Or are you more after a perfect fit with rolled edges and stuff?

Use a pizza tray.

Scored a couple of cheap pots from ebay recently, 2 x 24 litre & 1 x 50 litre, all without lids though. No problem for the 24 litre jobbies, but the 50 I got nuthin ;)

Anyone got any idea where I might be able to get a lid for one, it's an aluminium 50 litre, approximately 320mm diameter.

Cheers
Goldy

find the local rehearsal rooms and get friendly with a thrash metal drummer.... he'll break a symbol soon enough, if it's just a crack it'll be a convenient steam hole..

I grabbed a glass one for a keggle from K/Mart. From memory they had a coupla of different sizes. Might be worth a try.

Ikea have a fantastic glass/metal lid for not much. It has a few steps on the metal part so fits a few pot sizes. Check it out. Its wasn't expensive from memory.... I miss that place. .. sigh.

Maybe even try an Asian grocery store, I have a lid for my wok that would come close to fitting that size pot. You might be able to get a cheap wok lid that fits.

Latest posts

Back