Good Place For A Beer In Perth?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcraig20

Reaction score
Im heading over to Perth for a job interview early next week. Where's a good place to get a drink?

Ill be staying in East Freo.

Hey mate,

This was only discussed a week or so ago, here is the link

[topic="0"]http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36548&hl[/topic]

Cheers

Robbo

Hey mate,

This was only discussed a week or so ago, here is the link

[topic="0"]http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36548&hl[/topic]

Cheers

Robbo

Thanks Robbo, Im sure its been done to death in the past!

The link doesnt seem to be working though?

Im heading over to Perth for a job interview early next week. Where's a good place to get a drink?

Ill be staying in East Freo.

In East Fremantle you have the trendy Leftbank, best beer you could get there is probably Becks. You also have the tradewinds which is a lovely hotel but lacks good beer. I think they have James Squire Amber on tap. If you go a little further you have a fantastic pub called Clancy's Fish Pub its on Cantenamont Road you can sample many WA beers make sure you try the Feral HOP HOG. Down the road from there you have the Sail and Anchor which has all the Matilda Bay beers plus there own. The IPA used to be good apparently they change the recipe alot the last time I was there it wasnt the best but that could of changed. Then you go towards the water and you will hit Little Creatures! Also in town The Norfolk which is a great old pub with James Squire and Matilda Bay beers on tap!

If you feel like good Indian food try Maya, good modern Australian try Sandcastles which is in South Fremantle. Gino's has the best coffee. Other then that its badly made Italian food! But Nicks Place does a fantastic kebab!

Thanks Katie, that's really useful. The interview is at 10, Im not sure if Im going to be let go after that or babysat for the day, so I might end up having the whole day to myself. If so, I can bang about and see a few things. Clancy's sounds the goods.

You also have the tradewinds which is a lovely hotel but lacks good beer.

I'll be staying there. Pity about the lack of good beer then.

Thanks Katie, that's really useful. The interview is at 10, Im not sure if Im going to be let go after that or babysat for the day, so I might end up having the whole day to myself. If so, I can bang about and see a few things. Clancy's sounds the goods.

I'll be staying there. Pity about the lack of good beer then.

Clancys isnt to far from the Tradewinds. You will find something at the Tradewinds maybe a Mojoto! I think they have Squire on tap its a nice place to be! Hopefully the weather will spark up for you its being raining for months!

Just mucking about on google earth - looks like everything is in a 3k radius. This is looking good :), or bad :unsure:.

you can do the whole of Perth in a 5km radius...! :eek: :lol:

Last time I had a drink at tradewinds they had Erdinger on tap.

I the the broke-winds was actaully trying to be a beer destination for a while, they had a really lame winter beer fest.
If you want to experiance the true western australian character, go down the rad to the Royal George, possibly the most uninspiring pub on the planet,

Thanks guys,

I just got back. Went down to Little Creatures during the day and went to Clancy's Fish pub for dinner. Good time was had by all, apart from the drizzle!

Katie, the Hop Hog was good, I think it would be even better at cellar temperature, but I liked their belgian white more. Bearing in mind my palate is awful, it reminded me of the Wig and Pen AIPA, but with more cascade and less williamette.

Speaking about white, my God, Perth is WHITE! Its like stepping back into the 1970s. Top spot though.

Thanks guys,

I just got back. Went down to Little Creatures during the day and went to Clancy's Fish pub for dinner. Good time was had by all, apart from the drizzle!

Katie, the Hop Hog was good, I think it would be even better at cellar temperature, but I liked their belgian white more. Bearing in mind my palate is awful, it reminded me of the Wig and Pen AIPA, but with more cascade and less williamette.

Speaking about white, my God, Perth is WHITE! Its like stepping back into the 1970s. Top spot though.

I think next year we will get colour television and the option of buying groceries on a Sunday!

I dont get the white comment!

Perth really needs the sun shining to see its qualities.

Back