Good News For Fellow Oldies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davewalk

Reaction score
For those of us who feel that as we get older, the years tend to go by too quickly. You know what I mean- wasn't the new millenium about 2 years ago? Wasn't John Howard the Treasurer not too long ago. Reagans no longer President? Thatcher no longer there? That short arse nephew I used to teach fishing to, now towers over me and has 2 kids of his own. Christ, where did the years go?
Well, I now have the perfect solution to slow things down for you that makes time appear to stand still- go off the P155 for a month. It turns hours into days, days into weeks and weeks into years. Sit and watch the idiot box without a glass in your hand whilst Charlie from 2.5 men downs glass after glass of wine, bourbon and beer, some chick from some holiday show tells you how the drinks are free if you go on this or that cruise or stay at this particular island resort, or the bloody Dan Murphy ad in the paper that says they'll give you a bottle of this if you buy a slab of this. And of course everyone around you is boring now that the cold, hard illusion of reality hits.
Jesus, this was only day one of my stupid annual one month off the booze commitment. I used to to do it in Feb because it was the shortest month, but changed to March as Feb was also the bloody hottest.
Anyhow, thank God it's now April and I can now get stuck back into it. I've already had two Boags Lights on the way home from wort, tow stubbies of Mercury Cedar when I got home, one pit of someting I maid when I think it was recently when the keebored was stop moving, why do I keep spilin my......thump.............................................................

Clearly those light beers are kicking in.... :ph34r:

:p

Too late to keep young Nick from posting the first reply but who let this bloke from alcoholics anonymous on the forum? :angry: :lol:

Davewalk,
I have already cut my consumption from 7 days a week to 3 days a week (Easter excepted of course :p ) & refuse to cut down any further.
Anyway John Wayne is still alive & well & TTBOMK the Beatles are still rocking on in Liverpool even if the years are zipping by like NickB at a streakers convention.

t

You're just jealous of my Pint Glass Pete......... :ph34r:

:lol: top show, gentlemen.... very amusing. (also posting from the Bellarine... albeit temporarily)

Latest posts

Back