Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Beer..Big Ideas..

Discussion in 'Welcome!' started by Noodle, 6/3/19.

1. Noodle

Posted 6/3/19
    Hi Guys,

Started brewing about 6 months ago now. Something i've put off for years, and now wish i'd got into sooner.

Kegging from the get go.
    I've done a few 5L all grain batched on the stove that I thought were the best beers i've ever had. I've mostly been an aussie lager imbiber but these AG brews are something else.
    Tried a 23L extract kit that was a failure.. then I learned about temp control, i'm in SW NSW at the moment so 35-40C days play havoc, no matter ow dark you room is. I slipped a fermentasaurus into a fridge with an inkbird attached and tried another extract kit, dry hopped it and it was great beer. Bit of an afteretaste if you drank 3 or more schooners though.
    I can see the bottom line here is get into AG and stick with it. I'm tossing around which way to go, as I have a business that could benefit from an on-site micro brewpub.. real micro like 200L. At first, I was thinking jump on a single vessle to learn the way (and while I have 2 babies and a 6 y/o terrorising me), then move onto a 3VHerms.. don't know.. still figuring that one out.
    In the meantime i'm about to drop a White IPA AGK into the 'saurus from All in brewing.. see how it goes compared to the can kits.

Anyways thanks for having me on here, already learned a pant load on these forums. Hopefully one day I'll show off my brewpub to y'all.

2. wide eyed and legless

Pro Pro

Posted 8/3/19
    Greetings Noodle, SVB's are cheap enough, just start off with one of those first before going into a bigger system.

Reg Holt likes this.
  3. brewgasm

Posted 8/3/19
    +1 svb

4. Noodle

Posted 15/3/19 at 8:57 PM
    pulled the trigger. I took Neals Braumeister with all the trimmings off his hands. Time to get my wort on.