Good micro-breweries to visit in Sydney?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Hi Brewers, Im heading to Sydney next weekend and keen to visit some micro breweries. Any suggestions for whats decent in and around the main CBD?

Also are there any that we could perhaps jump on a ferry and head over to that would be within walking distance to where the ferry lands?

Cheers

Inner west is where you'll find most. Serveral within walking/staggering distance of eachother around Petersham, Marrickville:
Batch, black font, sauce, grifter, willie the boatman, wildflower...

not sure you'd say the are micro any more but 4 piens is at manly. a ferry ride across the harbour
but bang for your buck inner west for sure. get a train to sydenham and there's a bunch withing walking distance

@Truman42 what types of beer do you like and how long have you got? Grifter is a safe recommendation - I rate their pale ale as the best in Australia and you won't find a bad beer in the place. Don't leave Sydney without going there. If you like something a bit wilder (literally) and sour, Wildflower is a must visit. What they're doing there is sensational. Just be warned it's not everybody's cuppa. After that, Sauce and Batch would be the next breweries I would recommend. There's also Willie the Boatman and Stockade in the area and I hear Black Font is re-opening soon (I hope so because some of his beers are great). All of these are within walking/stumbling distance of one another. A bit closer to the city you have Young Henry's and Wayward. Enjoy your visit!

Cheers gents, we’re staying at Haymarket so those breweries you mention don’t seem that far away from there.
Will be going to Grifter for sure.

So is it safe to walk from the station to these breweries on a Friday night with the missus? A lot of these breweries are in industrial areas down dodgy lanes.

No worries whatsoever @Truman42 Marrickville is well and truly gentrified these days. There are also plenty of great live music venues in the area (Red Rattler, Camelot Lounge, Marrickville Bowlo, The Factory to name just a few), so there's pretty much always people wandering around.

Latest posts

Back