Good Craftbeer in Melbourne!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the help bum. I'll try a few but the tasters at Deja vu sounds good for starters.

Anyone in Melbourne heading to Deja Vu tomorrow to play "spot the Rowy"?

It's an easy game to win at... :lol:

Now now Florian you know I blend in to a crowd easily :)

Food at de ja vu was super average last time I was there. Good beer, crap food.

Mrs parmas has parmas and beer. If your expectations are higher than that then try somewhere else.

I have not eaten the food here but this is one of my favourite places for a quiet beer during the week:
http://www.pennyblue.com.au/index.html
http://www.pennyblue.com.au/PB%20food%20menu%20january2013.pdf

Not much tap beer (couple of hand pumps only) but lots of other bottled offerings, both AU and Import.

Beer deluxe would be my next choice unless you want to get out of the cbd.

Florian said:
That's Deja Vu now.
You learn something new every day.

That being said it would be 18 months since I was there last so not surprise it has changed its name.

Different owners. Biero are (supposedly) opening at another venue. Was supposed to happen back in September or something, I think. I hope it happens soonish. Deja Vu is good but in a prick of a spot sometimes.

bum said:
Different owners. Biero are (supposedly) opening at another venue. Was supposed to happen back in September or something, I think. I hope it happens soonish. Deja Vu is good but in a prick of a spot sometimes.
When you live in Werribee everywhere is a prick of a spot.

JDW81 said:
When you live in Werribee everywhere is a prick of a spot.
I live in a dry area (Burwood) and that's why I started brewing it myself and have just put together a keezer...

Enjoy yourself in Melbourne, many good places to drink...

Grab a sixer of your favourite craft beer (or mix it up with a few) and head to a Dumpling House in China Town. Can't go wrong.

Ahaha. I thought something similar but then remembered that he's replying to a bloke from Frankston.

How come noone's mentioned the local taphouse in st Kilda? In my opinion the best place in town for some serious beer tasting. Foods a little above average.

stakka82 said:
How come noone's mentioned the local taphouse in st Kilda? In my opinion the best place in town for some serious beer tasting. Foods a little above average.
One of the greatest but not so much CBD based...... I would say.

Rowy is pretty hom, so will find tram travel hard and getting out there and back will be a challenge, unless you have cab fare to throw around.

Don't forget The Alehouse Project in Brunswick
Cracking 13 taps of craft beer plus plenty of bottle beer

Werribee's just a hop skip and a jump from the CBD too, if you ignore the really, really long train ride in between hopping on the train at Southern cross/Spencer street and jumping off the platform at Werribee.

Plenty of places in Brunswick and carlton (bar fred, Great Northern, atticus finch, alehouse project, etc) but again not stumbling distance from a hotel in Spencer St which i reckon is what the OP is chasing.

Back