Good Beer In Phuket Thailand?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieJosh

Reaction score
G'day Folks!

So i will be going to Phuket in just over a week for nine nights, I will be spending my 30th Birthday there! :icon_chickcheers:
Now i know there will be lots of cheap asian beers such as Chang, Tiger and Singha and i will be drinking a shit load of them! But does Phuket have any good micro's or bars that sell good beers?

Also can anyone recommend any other fun things to do and see while there?

Cheers and Thank You All :icon_cheers:

as far as the micro brewery scene over there.. almost non existant, the national market is so hard to get into with a minimum of a million lt per year required (as far as I could work out) and very heavily regulated/enforced.. additional to that is that everything needs to be imported and it's just not viable, the big players there paid well for the laws for this very reason..

there is always fun to be had over there.. SangSom Buckets.. mushroom health shakes.. Brittish Backpackers... cough..

:party:

Dont hire a jetski some will scam you for damages under the water line etc

G'day Folks!

So i will be going to Phuket in just over a week for nine nights, I will be spending my 30th Birthday there! :icon_chickcheers:
Now i know there will be lots of cheap asian beers such as Chang, Tiger and Singha and i will be drinking a shit load of them! But does Phuket have any good micro's or bars that sell good beers?

Cheers and Thank You All :icon_cheers:
IIRC I found that the local supermarket near our hotel in Kata has quite a good range of Euro-beers including some Belgians (Leffe, Chimay). Of course i may not RC as I had quite a few Changs which were 6% over there.

Was on koh samui on June and had similar ideas to you. Here's a tip, drink singha, always get the large bottles, pay no more than 200baht for a massage on the beach (whilst drinking said beer, be careful if taken upstairs in a non beach massage parlour) and get loose on vodka redbull buckets. I loved Thailand. Can't wait to get back there. Have a great 30th although that's a given knowing where you will be!

Haven't been to Phuket since I got into beer (on the obsession level :icon_cheers: ), but in Samui there was a good selection of German beers.

Don't hire a scooter, too scary with the thai way of driving - taxi's & tuk tuk's are cheap enough.

I was there on honeymoon last November and didn't relly look into the beer market too much.

However you can pick up some decent beers from the numerous 7-11's about the place. There's usually one a couple of hundred metres from any hotel.

You can get some decent Heinies, Changs, San Miguels and Singhas there for a 1/3 of the price at the hotels if you wanna have a session at the pool before heading out.

And IIRC the cheapest I found a beer for at a 7-11 was 30 baht, about 90c, for a long neck of Archer.

And you have to try the 9% (?) Cheers Xtra for how to do a cheap rocket fuel beer.

Enjoy your time on holiday and remember, take advantage of the cheap piss over there, that's what Thailand is about. Save the micro-brew delights for back in Oz.

And if you're after a decent heart starter however, nothing beats the local whiskey, Meekong about AUS $3 for a bottle, mixed with Thai Redbull.

Do a search and you will find phucket
which is mostly about regreting things that happened after drinking mekong :icon_cheers: .

Thanks for the tips guys! Full Moon Brewery looks interesting!

Cheers! :)

Dont book tours from your hotel. Go into town and book there. I did the speedboat tour.
Sea kyaking in the caves is awesome aswell.
Also if your there in november GAME FISHING. I caught a big sailfish there.
The whole day cost me 30 bucks including a luch of the tuna we caught.
Women, Beer, Tiger bar
Phuket is freaking awesome!!

Just remember........................

ALWAYS CHECK FOR ADAMS APPLES!!

Thanks for the tips guys! I had a great time over there! We went to the full moon brewery i took some snaps! The beers where ok in my opinion. No Wheat on tap. :( Note: they had coopers on there menue, also about 30 Thai Baht to the Aussie $

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for the tips guys! I had a great time over there! We went to the full moon brewery i took some snaps! The beers where ok in my opinion. No Wheat on tap. :( Note: they had coopers on there menue, also about 30 Thai Baht to the Aussie $

Heading back over there in a years time (need to do a spot of O/T first), and this is definitely on the to do list!

Just popped in for a couple after dinner tonight. Bohemian Lager was off, but had a Dark Ale and a Phuket Lager. Not bad, but the lager was unfiltered and very cloudy. Can't complain though, as the waitress didn't charge me for that one :D

Not a bad spot near some decent shopping, close to the main strip and lots of theme bars and ping-pong shows.... :ph34r:

Thanks for the tips guys! Full Moon Brewery looks interesting!

Cheers! :)

full moon brewery has some great beers its in a shopping center there i cant tink of the name of it i had a few while the mrs was shopping. they have a dark ale using black rice it was nice

Back