Good Beer In Darwin?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerRx4

Reaction score
Work is sending me to Darwin for a week as of monday so Im wondering if anyone can direct me to where I can buy some decent beer.

Google tells me Dan Murphys dont exist up there.
I think I will struggle if i can only get VB XXX NEW etc.

Anyone know of bottleshops in that region that will have something decent to drink after a hard days work?

Work is sending me to Darwin for a week as of monday so Im wondering if anyone can direct me to where I can buy some decent beer.

Google tells me Dan Murphys dont exist up there.
I think I will struggle if i can only get VB XXX NEW etc.

Anyone know of bottleshops in that region that will have something decent to drink after a hard days work?

Go to Mandorah Beach Hotel - get the ferry from Cullen Bay. Drink the megaswill and have the time of you life (without the wife). Heaps of backpackers!

:p

The Vic used to be good for a quiet drink followed by a fight. :D

Coopers is ubiquitous in Darwin. It's a good option if you can't find anything better. There are a couple of pubs in the middle of town which have some OK beers. Vintage Cellars in Cavenagh St has a very good bottled range - slabs of critters, JS and MB and even a few bottles of Duvel when I was there last.

yeah pretty much what ppl are saying is true. if you want some nice beers go to Dollys in Leanyer. also in town you have a few good pubs like Ducks Nuts which has about 20 beers on tap maybe more, Shenanigans Irish pub.

we are not all VB guzzlers thats just for the 'locals' but yes Coopers is very popular up here and is on tap (Pale Ale) in many pubs.

if you start on either end of Mitchell St theres over 20 places that serve beer so you should be well catered for.

and yeah Vintage Cellars is your best bet if your after some Premium beer

Cheers guys. Looks like I wont be going thirsty :chug:

so how did you find your stay?

you came at the right time, weather wise

I enjoyed my trip to Darwin, Unforunately most of it was spent working & was too short. Tuesday-Friday.

I took some fishing gear but was dissapointed to only catch a undersised flatty off stokes wharf. Better than nothing i guess.

I flew out on the friday at midday so I got out early to explore some spots outside the city. I stopped for a fish at Rapid creek around the footbridge for about 1/2 hr then up to lee point for a go off the beach for another 1/2 hr then it was time to give up.

If work sends me up again I will be asking for a weekend so I can kick back otherwise I'll take the family up for a holiday.

The weather was awsome, perfect sydney summer weather in the winter :D

Im still waiting for work to re-imburse my spending at vintage cellars :chug:

haha nice one

next time if you come up i'll give you some fishing spots, near the footbridge at rapid creek in the mouth a bit is good for crabs, big mud crabs

what did you get at the Vintage?

Latest posts

Back