good/bad brands of regulator?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooperplace

Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts on brands to avoid? Ebay and other places have them pretty cheap, from around $50. BOC want about $160, for their own brand.

I have a BOC LPG hi pressure regulator, and its fantastic. cost me $90, ask for trade price, tell them not to rip into you.$$

Micromatic can be had for around $100 or Harris 601 (I think) for a bit less.

I have used both and have been happy. Currently running a Micromatic on the keg system at home.

Cheers

I have a Tesuco and a Micromatic. The Tesuco is a bugger to set right (particularly when there's not much head space, i.e. full kegs) and creeps, the Micromatic is awesome. Not sure if I got a dodgy Tesuco but definitely recommend the Micromatic over it. The Micromatic also has a lock off nut on the adjustment knob to make inquisitive drunks less likely to change the pressure on your kegs...

+1 on Micromatics (no real experience with others though).

They have service kits available from the site sponsors above for when you flush beer through them :ph34r:

shippers said:
I have a Tesuco and a Micromatic. The Tesuco is a bugger to set right (particularly when there's not much head space, i.e. full kegs) and creeps, the Micromatic is awesome. Not sure if I got a dodgy Tesuco but definitely recommend the Micromatic over it. The Micromatic also has a lock off nut on the adjustment knob to make inquisitive drunks less likely to change the pressure on your kegs...
I've owned both & the Tesuco started creeping pretty badly.
I binned it & only use the Micromatic.
Great regulator.

I use micromatic. Not experienced with others (although was recommended that over Tesco) and it works well.

Mybeershop.com.au for cheap micromatic reg. :ph34r:

And later when you get sick of changing the pressure kegking now have a 'doubble adaptor' that attaches to the cylinder and allowes you to attach 2 regs to it without unscrewing gauges on regs etc...

I have a tesuco, came with my kit.
I pressurize the keg then turn the bottle off, topping up as required... Otherwise I come back the next day and the kegs at 60psi and half my gas has leaked out the lines...

Micromatic for me all teh way. Excellent product and from mybeershop as well.

I run three kegs off the one outlet. Use stainless steel splitters to split the line and for gods sake, put non return valves on each line going to each keg :)

Had a Harris, as recommended by Anthony at Craftbrewer.

Great reg, no issue - and stands up to force carbonation "ross method" and on the normal method, it stays dead still.

Was running three kegs off the one reg with splitters and taking beer from all three kegs and not an issue.

Back