Golden Syrup Potential

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobW

The Little Abbotsford Craftbrewery
Reaction score
Does anybody have the potential & SRM values for Golden Syrup?

I don't have the colour value, it would depend on the manufacturer, a wild guess would be around 100-130 EBC, and for extract potential, another guess would be around 280-300 L/kg.

I've only ever used CSR Golden Syrup and even then only once.
It has 74g sugar content per 100g so I just treated it as a sugar addition in those proportions.
CSR GS does add some colour. It was a while a go but bradmcm's guess around the 100-130EBC sounds about right.
I believe most recommend Tate and Lyle's Golden Syrup because it doesn't impart a strong flavour.

Thanks fellers.

I've only ever used CSR Golden Syrup and even then only once.
It has 74g sugar content per 100g so I just treated it as a sugar addition in those proportions.
CSR GS does add some colour. It was a while a go but bradmcm's guess around the 100-130EBC sounds about right.
I believe most recommend Tate and Lyle's Golden Syrup because it doesn't impart a strong flavour.

I have made the same Mild using Bundaberg and T&L golden syrup. The one with the Bundaberg definately had a more rummy/molassesy flavour than the T&L one. If I brew it again I would probably mix 50/50 of each!

Latest posts

Back