Gold Coast Brew Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenwood

Reaction score
Hey all.
I was wondering if their is a Brewing club on the Gold Coast/Tweed Heads area?
If not how many people live in this area that would like to start one? I have never set up a club before and have no idea how much work or what is involved in one but if their are enough people on the gold coast/tweed head area that would like one we can always try.
Cheers Ken :icon_chickcheers:

This one comes up every now & then, I think would be great to have a club on the coast somewhere. If there is enough interest, I'm sure it could be pulled together.

BABBS is hard for me to get to on Thursdays too, so I've never made a meeting yet.

Will see how much interest there is.

I am interested for sure - am compiling my AG setup while doing FWK's and the communication would be great. Am certainly going to be bulk buying in the not to distant future, maybe we can get a group together as well...

I'd be interested. The idea, as previously mentioned, has come up a few times but never got off the ground.

I will look into what it requires to set up a club. But will ned plenty of help to get the ball rolling and ideas about what to do and when to do meetings and places to go and the like.

I'm keen. There's a list of others interested somewhere...

Send a scouting party to BABBs and check out how a meeting is run, from the point of view of what books need to be kept etc - pretty straightforward club stuff like Secretary, Treasurer, Chairman, etc if you want to go formal. You'd need a sec and treas if you are going to collect money for subs or meeting fees (then you can have door prizes and raffles and then trips to the German Club and....................... :icon_chickcheers:)

how about we start off the books and meet up at someone's place for a while and work out everyone's strengths and weaknesses so we can work out who will be in control of what. I would offer my place but it is not beg enough. Anyone willing to offer their place for a weekly or monthly meet?

Any news on this?Would also be really keen to meet up and talk brewing.Did a tour of Burleigh Brewing on sat and didn't get to talk to Brennan much but a great place to meet up.

Yeah Bump - I'll be moving back to Tweed soon and would be keen to know if this got off the ground.

If anyone on the coast is keen - Mudgeeraba show is coming up this month. Don't think the GC show has a homebrew section anymore.

The categories are nothing flash and prize money barely worth the petrol to go and collect them, but could be a good opportunity for GC brewers to support the comp and get in touch?

Could also be a stepping stone to a better comp as seems to be the case at Ipswich show and others...

Kev

Latest posts

Back