Gluten Free beer kit from Brewers Choice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natdene

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the gluten free beer kit from brewers choice? Is it possible to add extra cascade hops to get a bit more flavour? Reason being we were at the Embassy hotel working our way through the great list and a friend was a bit left out as she couldn't have any beer and i want to make some GF with a big cascade flavour.

Can't see why you couldn't add extra hops to any brew if you wanted to. Can't see anywhere on the website how much cascade is used. If you can find a recipe/hop schedule someone would be better able to answer.

You can also just go with sorghum extract and maltodextrose. I made a GF pale with Amarillo and cascade, fermented with notto ( GF yeast). It wasn't bad flavour wise, but very hazy.

I had a GF beer the other week, not to sure it was made from the Kit at Brewers Choice but it was pretty decent. They added Summit and Simcoe hops, i remember that much, it gave it a nice fruity tropical flavor.

But you should totally make it! Even if it doesn't turn out that great, I'm sure your friend will still super appreciate the effort (and since they dont drink beer they wont know if it's really that bad)

Thanks everybody, ill give the kit a crack first and if it turns out alright I'll try some sorghum recipes through at link I found on this site,
Let you know how it turns out!

G'day Natdene.
From what I've seen of the kits (never used them but watched the video on how to on you tube) The hops come loose so it's easy to see whats going in already. This makes it easier to add the extra hop requirement.
Sorghum beer can be a little fruity on the finish as it is but it goes really well with the American citrus, grapefruit type flavours of these hops. I make an IPA that has Cascade as an aroma hop. Very nice indeed. It might be a little cheaper to buy the 1.5kg canisters of sorghum syrup. They sell for around $12 to $15 a canister.

Latest posts

Back