Glasses what's best

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I went out and got some 95ml shooter glasses from one of our local Jeweler stores great size for tasting paddle. But now I have paddles to make, these little side projects never end

Almost want to retract my recommendation for spieglau tulip glasses. Simply placing onto dishwasher rack like I have ten plus times before and ome broke..... not happy. Will take back to david jones surely it should not break without any force under practically its own weight?

1391175214804.jpg

It's thin glass... Hence ikea the king. Break some every now and then and not worry since they are cheap to replace!

practicalfool said:
It's thin glass... Hence ikea the king. Break some every now and then and not worry since they are cheap to replace!
:unsure:

I had Ikea glasses previously and the glass went cloudy from using in dishwasher. Are they all non-dishwasher safe or is it a mix at Ikea?

Ikea lager glass and wheat beer glass both claimed to be dishwasher safe. Look OK but you do have to endure the pain of a visit to ikea to get them.
I don't think I need them, was curious to see them though.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
:unsure:

I had Ikea glasses previously and the glass went cloudy from using in dishwasher. Are they all non-dishwasher safe or is it a mix at Ikea?
Just a soak in bleach will fix that.

Would remember that Batz. Never got the issue, just used the cheap tablets or in a pinch nappisan in the dishwasher. Most times though the beer glasses just get rinsed in hot water.
Those other glasses look good! Haven't been back in there for a while, wow - http://m.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/art/40242035/

Might have reason to go to one soon enough! Can't never furnish without some assistance from ikea ideas department. lol

Don't see any talk in here about the large double walled glasses you can get, prices seem to have come down big time from when the they were first introduced a few years back at around $30 a glass.

These are absolutely brilliant at keeping your beer cold (for you sippers out there ;) ) because of the vacuum between the walls of the glass.

One problem is they are so damn fragile, you have to be really careful when washing, one hit on the tap while rinsing and its usually a gonner....

Here is one example, anybody else use them ?

double-walled-beer-glasses.jpg

yum beer said:

Best glass was a Vanuata Tusker brasserie style that had the swirls on the inside and a very rounded bottom, it kept a lovely head and refreshed the aroma every mouthfull as it sloshed around in the glass
Wow, even on a high quality lager ?

Sounds yummy....

Can not find a picture of the Tusker glass.

Have seen the 'swirl' glasses commercially but all seem to have a flat bottom and don't flare out the same, the Tusker glasses are the only example of that shape I have come across.

Batz said:
Just a soak in bleach will fix that.
It's an internal dulling of the glass though, not something on the surface so how can hypo change that?

Also took the Tulips back to David Jones today, they gave me another set of 2 and let me keep the one good one I had!!! Winning. Now to perhaps just hot wash/rinse by hand from now on maybe, or find a better place to put them in the dishwasher.

I drink mostly out of Spiegelau IPA glasses. We call them wanker glasses. ie beer glass wankers.

Definitely not the "Glass" that they include with your $40+ admission price tho Geelong beer festival!

What happened to the op?
Anyway, op shops rock; current fave is a ' worlds greatest dad ' wheat beer glass... $2.50 can't go wrong

I bought 6 nonic a while back. Love them but I don't really need 6, so I did an experiment and made my own headmaster with a dremel. Jesus the head climbs out if you're not careful haha, and is cool to watch the beer swirling like mad. I don't use it often, as the nonics work fine as far as head retention, but i get it out for a laugh every so often.

I had a Belgian chalice that worked great, which I noticed was etched on the very bottom. If etching is good enough for the Belgians it's good enough for me.

Latest posts

Back