Glasses what's best

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robrock

Reaction score
Hello good people of brew world I've tried many glasses and like the headmaster best but they'd are just so dear to buy .. I'm not keen to just knock them off from my local so I'd the a glass you've found that is a fine and not so expensive holder and dis spencer of the beloved amber fluids ?i like the etched base as I drink for it's pleasure rather than just smash em down so a glass that holds some head for a while is what I'm after .. Cheers to all ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1390973129.673015.jpg

I've got the Spieglau IPA and Tulip glasses, got them on special s was around $20-25 for a set of two for each. Well worth it if you ask me and covers pretty much all beer types except megaswill! :p

i bought some amazing pint glasses from IKEA the other day. only set me back about $4-6 a pop from memory

I generally drink out of a cheap headmaster knock-off I got from DFO. Otherwise I like to drink certain beers out of a Reidel overture wine glass. Amplifies the aroma of any beer to an amazing degree.

I love my pilsner glasses, but any glass will do, so long and it is clean, hot rinsed and then chilled.

headmaster dear? I thought they were some of the cheapest glasses you could get?

check craftbrewer.com for prices.

personally i find the thinner the glass the better. love spiegelaus, riedels etc.

Swing past your local op shop. All the pot glasses that are stolen from the local pub find there way there and you support a charity. Win!
Most of mine are from there.
I've also picked some up from here. Big range and cheap. Not sure what they'll charge for postage. Look up local catering/kitchen supply places.
Cheers!

I have some Spiegelau IPA's and tulips for special brews and "craft beer" glasses from Dan Murphy's for every day drinking.

I have 4 schooner glasses from the local catering supply place. I like the size as a stubby fits in with some head space, holds head well.
I like having nice beers out of wine glasses as I don't have any great beer glasses.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390983566.600040.jpg

Ikea has these brandy bowls that are just perfect. Fit more than a pint if you want to but just great to let breathe and quickly warm up any ale. Prolly about the 700ml mark in vol and very very cheap.

Robrock said:
Hello good people of brew world I've tried many glasses and like the headmaster best but they'd are just so dear to buy .. I'm not keen to just knock them off from my local so I'd the a glass you've found that is a fine and not so expensive holder and dis spencer of the beloved amber fluids ?i like the etched base as I drink for it's pleasure rather than just smash em down so a glass that holds some head for a while is what I'm after .. Cheers to all
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1390973129.673015.jpg

You may wanna clean that cone out, mate, looks a bit dirty - you wanna a clean burn...

LOL!!

:lol:

My standard beer glass, and that's what I serve when there's a crowd here are Headmaster Oxford glasses. I bought a dozen from Craftbrewer and they were not expensive. Oxfords are great to use if your having a bit of a gathering, it's nice to have all the glasses the same and if a couple get broken it's no big deal.

Batz

Beer_Glasses___H_4e1a4711423fa.jpg

If you are near an ikea they have the best range of cheap glasses. The brandy bowl practical fool mentioned has one great feature, it can fit a whole tallie in one pour hence it gets used the most out of all my glasses. The spiegelau IPAs are the best in their range I reckon if you want to lash out for a couple of special occasion glasses, super thin and the ripples make for good head.

Yob you have to give ikea a go they have more stainless steal goodies than you can poke a stick at. The stabil' splater screens
alone are worth goin for!

Back