Gift Idea?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kramer

Reaction score
Since nearly everyone on here is older than me (no offence intended) and has probably all had trouble finding presents for their girlfriends / wives etc, Anyway I need some ideas for my girlfriend's present. She is 23yo, is a nurse and dosen't have any hobbies in particular except for washing dishes :p . So I am at a standstill for what to get her?

Also a ring is out of the question as I don't want her to get ideas of marriage I get enough of that from her mum!

Cheers Kramer.

Voucher for a massage, voucher for lingerie (you can help do the shopping and select some with her,) a book or if you cannot pick one, a book voucher, same for a cd, something for the kitchen such as a set of scales, a stab stick food processor, good set of kitchen knives in a block, a clock radio or a set of bathroom scales.

The suggestion fo a holiday for two is a nice one. Nothing like quality time for the two of you.

perfume or necklace.just bought both for the wife for xmas.

cheers
big d

Mrs Murray likes books, dvds, clothes, stuff like that. This year I have gotten her a cashmere coat and a Picnic at Hanging Rock dvd (she loves the book and movie) for Christmas.

A broom to aid in Cleaning...

A Cupaccino Machine so she can make you coffees...

Nah Just Kidding....

The ultimate gift is what u want....:super:

here is the URL...
http://www.alestreetnews.com/beer_goddess_hq.htm

Beer Goddess Definition:

"Possessing an inner beauty beyond description, elegance, confidence, poise and a look that will stop traffic on Times Square. A beautiful lady that lets no beer stand in her way and can party with the best of them. Beer Goddesses come in all shapes and sizes! Catch the spirit today!

Just need her to wear them when she is pouring you a beer. :ph34r:

Have Fun.

Edit - just added the definition of Beer Goddess.

a dishwasher is an excellent idea!
or a case of 1L sparkling wine (big HB bottles :) )

A gift voucher from the LHBS :p
Seriously though my wife is getting a sewing machine for Xmas.

Beers,
Doc

yep definately a dish washer! that way you get to spend more quality time with her ;)

Kramer,
Don't go the kitchen products unless she has specifically asked for them.

Also certainly don't combine bathroom scales and knives.

The scales could go down bad and the knives are probably real sharp :eek:

cheers
Darren

Darren said:
Kramer,

cheers
Darren
[post="96084"][/post]​

Agree with Darren here, I'm still suffering for getting my wife a smokeless grill that she raved on about for 2 months before Xmas :blink: and that was 15 yrs ago. It has to be something personal or so I was told.

Cheers
Andrew

Darren said:
Kramer,

cheers
Darren
[post="96084"][/post]​

Yep, I agree with Darren here :blink: - My missus would never consider kitchen appliances a present....

You could get her a new vaccum cleaner and when she tells you her present sucks you can say yes dear thats what its meant to do. :lol:

Jayse

gift vouchers for BIG department stores are good
no matter what you decide, there'll be a certain amount of sh!t you'll be in

Fingerlickin_B said:
A holiday (with you of course)

PZ.
[post="96057"][/post]​

Thats a good idea but we will be going to the Birdsville races next year and that will already cost me a packet!

pint of lager said:
Voucher for a massage, voucher for lingerie (you can help do the shopping and select some with her,) a book or if you cannot pick one, a book voucher, same for a cd, something for the kitchen such as a set of scales, a stab stick food processor, good set of kitchen knives in a block, a clock radio or a set of bathroom scales.

The suggestion fo a holiday for two is a nice one. Nothing like quality time for the two of you.
[post="96065"][/post]​

Voucher for massages is an awesome idea, but the kitchen stuff is out of the question.

big d said:
perfume or necklace.just bought both for the wife for xmas.

cheers
big d
[post="96066"][/post]​

A necklace is a good one its round and dosen't hint about marriage!

Murray said:
Mrs Murray likes books, dvds, clothes, stuff like that. This year I have gotten her a cashmere coat and a Picnic at Hanging Rock dvd (she loves the book and movie) for Christmas.
[post="96067"][/post]​

Mel (my girlfriend) dosedn't like to read says she does too much of that at work! And the DVDs I bought for her last year are still un touched.

Borret said:
a dishwasher.
[post="96070"][/post]​

She would love that but the funds aren't here this year due to some big insurance claims having to be paid last week! :angry:

GMK said:
A broom to aid in Cleaning...

A Cupaccino Machine so she can make you coffees...

Nah Just Kidding....

The ultimate gift is what u want....:super:

here is the URL...
http://www.alestreetnews.com/beer_goddess_hq.htm

Just need her to wear them when she is pouring you a beer. :ph34r:

Have Fun.
[post="96073"][/post]​

The beer goddess is a great idea but I want her to help in the brewery first so she can develop a love of beer, before I get her to serve it. :D And if she was serving beer in that gear I would never be alone with her all my mates would be there along with all thier friends just to get a look!

a pamper pack at the local beauty place trust me they work wonders

Anything you can get off ebay (or via mail order)

The backup presents when I cannot think of anything or been told to get something is perfume or jewelery (necklace, earrings etc.. NO RINGS HERE EITHER)

Latest posts

Back